You want to see something sexy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want to see something sexy?

Let me introduce you to my Seymour Duncan strat collection. From left to right:

Fender American Standard Strat - Pearly Gates, Fender NS3 neck humbucker
    Fender American Standard Strat - Pearly Gates Plus, Jb Jr.
    Fender American Deluxe Strat - JB, Little 59
    Fender American Standard Strat - Full Shred, Duckbucker

Re: You want to see something sexy?

With that thread title & your name under it, I had no idea what to expect! haha
    ...but I knew it'd be cool!

Nice "Strat Pack" ya got there, all sexy but I'm especially digging the silver!
    Last edited by elscorcho; 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

The silver one screams out for a dimarzio chrome topped AT-1 and two black cruisers in it

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
        The silver one screams out for a dimarzio chrome topped AT-1 and two black cruisers in it
        I tried the AT-1 in that guitar as a matter of fact, but it was a little too bright. The LSR nut gives it a bright edge. I was thinking of turning it into an HH and installing Dimarzio Breed bridge and neck set.

Comment

Very very nice.

Comment

Hubba hubba...

'91 USA Jackson Soloist, '07 Jackson DK2M, '96 Les Paul Special, '06 USA Fender HWY 1 Strat, '91 Japanese Srat, Bugera & Boogie amps, MXR effects

Comment

Va Va Va Voom!!
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Cool. How does the Duckbucker blend with the Full Shred? Interesting combination.

Comment

What are the half-square straight mounted things in the bridge positions of these strats?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinter View Post
                    Cool. How does the Duckbucker blend with the Full Shred? Interesting combination.
                    It keeps up pretty well. It's a little lower output than a Little 59. The Little 59 is a little bit grainy but the Duckbucker is very clear. It's a very sweet sounding pickup. If you use a lot of overdrive, it can be pretty good for shredding, but that's not what it's great at. It's impractical to use it for shred because you need more overdrive than your humbucker so your technique has to be spot on.

What it's great at is playing very expressive solos. It sounds so good when you're playing things where you want every not to count and bends and vibratos to flourish. It's naturally kind of mid scooped and has a nice bottom end so it's great for chording and it doesn't get muddy.

The Full Shred is an awesome pickup. It's as hot as you need it to be but I have mine positioned medium-low under the strings so it's barely louder than the Duckbucker. It's kind of bright so it matches well with the Duckbucker.

Because the Duckbucker is kind of weak for a ceramic pickup, I have to have it as close to possible to the strings without it touching or making the G string oscillate on my strat.

I'm torn with it because on one hand I really love how it sounds, but on the other hand I'm craving something just as sweet but a little hotter.

Comment

Thnx for the review. I have a Warmoth 72 Thinline with a neck Full Shred which I love. It seems to let the guitar's sound come through without imposing itself on it. I've been curious about how a FS bridge would sound in a Tele Deluxe or Superstrat, so I may have to try it with my next build. And the Duckbucker sounds like it would be a good match.

Comment

Very nice man!! I like them all. I didn't know you had so many strats.
                        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
                          Very nice man!! I like them all. I didn't know you had so many strats.
                          Thanks. These aren't all of my strats though. I have some with only Dimarzio pickups too and those are all plain colored American strats. My favorite strat of all is a candy cola with tinted maple v neck and a set of Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2's. It sounds really thick and warm almost like a Les Paul.

Comment

Please place the PG in the Silver one. Let me know when that's done. I'll end you my address then so you can ship it.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Charcoal Frost is one of the sexiest fender colors. Nice collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X