NBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD

Just got an Ibanez ATK 4 string in Natural.

Feels good, has a wide range of tones. The tuners say "Wilkinson" on them and are the open gear type. I don't consider myself a bass player in that I usually play it as if I'm playing guitar. Surprisingly, a lot of the riffs I play on guitar translate very well as bass lines and a local band, Monkeysoop hired me on as a result. I used the bass at rehearsal today and they all say it sounds great.

Anyone else play this model?

Re: NBD

Awesome. Congrats!
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Nice!

This is pretty sweet:

Comment

The electronics look versatile, but I'm not sure about the proprietary pickups? Unless a MM Stingray pickup will fit in there?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          The electronics look versatile, but I'm not sure about the proprietary pickups? Unless a MM Stingray pickup will fit in there?
          Seems to be about the same size as a MM pickup (I'm just eyeballing it, of course). So far it sounds pretty good to me, I'm in no hurry to change anything.

Hmmmm....as soon as I typed that I had a vision: Bass P-Rail.

Comment

Congrats dude! My Japan made ATK is also a superb player. These are awesome axes.
            Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
            Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
            Musicians are ****ing retards.
            Originally posted by ex-250
            Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford View Post
              Seems to be about the same size as a MM pickup (I'm just eyeballing it, of course). So far it sounds pretty good to me, I'm in no hurry to change anything.

Hmmmm....as soon as I typed that I had a vision: Bass P-Rail.
              I would just be worried that if it that pickup ever broke or your tastes changed that it might be hard to find a replacement.

Comment

I've been looking the bass over for a couple of days now and haven't found any flaws. The frets, neck fit, finish, hardware all seem to be in the right places: no gaps, sharp ends, loose screws, etc. Appears to be well made (in China!).

The only thing I'm going to have to do is lower the action a little bit. As it stands right now the intonation is very good and the tone/sustain gives me a chubby. I might just let the action be and build up some strength in my hands.

Comment

Turns out the store I bought it from offered a free setup (with DR strings included), so I told them to lower the action a tad. Got it back today and everything is great! Now for a rig to play through...(continued in Amplifier Central).

Comment

From a guitar player's perspective the Ibanez ATK is a good feeling, good sounding bass with enough EQ variations to keep me interested. I don't know how it compares to other basses other than those I've played. I used to own a Washburn that had a similar setup (humbucker, preamp, EQ knobs-no switch, though) and it was a good bass, but I like this one more. I spent some time in a few stores and nothing felt right until I picked up the ATK.

Comment

Sounds Cool. Plus you might get your money back as you are now in a band because of it.
                      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                      Guitar to sound output:
                      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Cool! Congrats on the axe and the gig!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                        X