Vote V-picks or gravity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote V-picks or gravity?

Wanted to see what the overall census was between the two? anonymously if you prefer with a poll vote only
    V-picks
    51.85%
    Gravity picks
    48.15%
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 07-02-2011, 06:17 PM.

Re: Vote V-picks or gravity?

Out of the 2, I liked the Gravity picks better. The V picks had rough feeling sides and a "clicking" noise when I played. The Gravity felt better to me and seemed to play alot smoother without clicking, but had a softer tone.

I'm sticking with the Tortex though, but that's just me.

Comment

Hope I don't hurt anyones feelings, but I liked the Gravity better.
      I'm with Lucid though. I'll keep my Tortex 3's.

Comment

I havent received my Gravity sample yet. Its like a kid waiting for xmas.

Comment

They are both great and i am torn between the gravity razor XL and the V-pick switchblade? both are great but the gravity has a roundness to the point of the tip whereas the V-picks switchblade is sharper. for me it is definitely down to these 2 models

Comment

While the poll may tell something to some here, I'm not even taking it, as I find it too simplistic and limiting to be meaningful - at least for me. For one thing, Gravity picks, while they have some excellent products, doesn't have anywhere near the selection that V-Picks has. So just because Gravity doesn't have an equivalent pick to one of the V-Pick models doesn't mean that the products they do have aren't as good.

I can easily imagine using picks from both companies. I'm using Gravity picks on my acoustic guitar, but on my electric I am using both brands interchangeably - different models from both companies are just as good and appropriate for my playing, I find. And I haven't even done a comparison for my jazz guitar yet - I'll probably end up with one of the unbuffed or jazz style V-Picks for that - but who knows?

Comment

V never answered my email. I vote Gravity.
              Originally posted by Aceman
              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinter View Post
                While the poll may tell something to some here, I'm not even taking it, as I find it too simplistic and limiting to be meaningful - at least for me. For one thing, Gravity picks, while they have some excellent products, doesn't have anywhere near the selection that V-Picks has. So just because Gravity doesn't have an equivalent pick to one of the V-Pick models doesn't mean that the products they do have aren't as good.

I can easily imagine using picks from both companies. I'm using Gravity picks on my acoustic guitar, but on my electric I am using both brands interchangeably - different models from both companies are just as good and appropriate for my playing, I find. And I haven't even done a comparison for my jazz guitar yet - I'll probably end up with one of the unbuffed or jazz style V-Picks for that - but who knows?
                This is pretty much what I was going to say.

While V-Picks might have a broader assortment of shapes and slicker presentation (website and marketing materials) I can't say definitively that one brand's product is better or worse than the other. They are different, and I will more than likely end up using both regularly.
                "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

Not a fan of Gravity but it has nothing to do with the product.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                  My Music

Comment

For me it would be V-Pick's Stiletto VS. Gravity's Classic Mini.

I fell in love with both after messin' around with em for a while but I'm really liking the rough feeling of the Stilletto. It adds some rally cool tones to attacked notes that I'm really diggin'. Reminds me of the sound Paul Gilbert gets when he alternate picks between two strings. Very very cool.

The Classic Mini feels like a slightly wider III and it adds a little bit of a treble snap.

So pretty much, I'm alternating between my red III's, the Stiletto and the Classic Mini. Love em all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                      Out of the 2, I liked the Gravity picks better. The V picks had rough feeling sides and a "clicking" noise when I played. The Gravity felt better to me and seemed to play alot smoother without clicking, but had a softer tone.
                      Same thing here. That clicking with the V picks bothered me. The gravity I tried was great.
                      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                        Same thing here. That clicking with the V picks bothered me. The gravity I tried was great.
                        I have to agree with the "clicking" statement.
                        And it seems for whatever reason, i play the fast tremolo picking section of eruption more accurately with the RAZOR XL by gravity.
                        That section is not a steady rhythm of fast picking, to play it right you have to play it staccato and syncopated and the RAZOR XL allows me to do that properly. the jazz III XL and the switchblade did not?

Comment

I like both. The V-pick screamer 2.75mm, and the Gravity Razer 3mm are both awesome. Both companies thinner selections don't work for me. No clear winner.
                          My Soundclick page

ʎʌɐǝɥ sı ǝʇsɐd ɥsıɟ

Comment

Never received any v-picks, so gravity wins by default. Jury is still out vs. max grips though.

Comment

I decided not to vote because (as others have said) it isn't so black and white. I prefered V picks but that might be because I was sent a sample pack of about 8 picks while I got 2 from gravity (one of which did not suit my playing...a freebie).

I do like how gravity picks come in different colors...ooo pretty.

Comment

Working...
                              X