James Hetfield's first V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hetfield's first V

The "Who Makes You Want To Get A V?" thread posed an interesting question: was Hetfield's first V a bolt-on? Indeed it was. I remembered that I had saved some pics of James' V from an internet article on Metallica's equipment. Picture 4 shows the neck joint:

Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
    I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Re: James Hetfield's first V

I wonder how he broke the headstock? smashing it maybe?
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Electra IIRC.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Goddamn that guitar is metal as ****.

Comment

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

He wasn't easy on his guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
              He wasn't easy on his guitars!
              If you think about it during the Kill em All era when he used that guitar they had a pretty hectic touring schedule and were still poor so he didnt have many instruments so that thing has seen many a battle.

Though it really exemplifies that you can make amazing music on not so amazing equipment.
              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                If you think about it during the Kill em All era when he used that guitar they had a pretty hectic touring schedule and were still poor so he didnt have many instruments so that thing has seen many a battle.

Though it really exemplifies that you can make amazing music on not so amazing equipment.
                Now he has everything he wants and sucks. A testimony to unfulfilled dreams and ambitions.
                Last edited by idsnowdog; 07-04-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                  Now he has everything he wants and sucks.
                  I lol'd

Comment

I think it underscores that most of us are pretty lucky to have what we have, and we should make it earn its keep by playing the hell out of it.
                    Agreed.
                    I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Working...
                    X