Ultimate SDUG Semi Hollow Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate SDUG Semi Hollow Preliminaries

Jolly - I assume you are going White Falcon here....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Jolly - I assume you are going White Falcon here....
      I reckon.

Comment

Here she is... my Michael Kelly Jumbo FT Hollowbody. I replaced the pickguard on it with this black one that I made. I got rid of my Ibanez Artcore because this blew it out of the water. Its 17" wide but it has the same thickness as a 335. I love this thing, and it can rock! (sorry, I was in a hurry to take pics)

Last edited by guitarkid; 07-11-2011, 09:29 PM.
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Here's some with the flash on...

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

This thread makes me really sad that I was never able to arrange getting that Gibson ES-Diamond in pearl white that I was *this* close to pulling the trigger on.
            DayGlo

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
              This is a 92-93 Fender HMT bass (Red) which was made in Japan, it's has a very unusual headstock for a Fender Bass. I bought it at the show this year in Orlando "Guitar Expo"!

You did? When did that happen?
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

'83 Ibanez am-50

pickups are 1986 Bill Lawrence 500-XL from the PA factory before he moved to CA

wiring is custom ... each pickup has a mini toggle for series / parallel ...
                4 way chicken head selector is for N only, n+b in phase, n+b out of phase, or B only ... master tone / master volume .. super versatile - able to get a lot of tones you'd not typically expect from a H-H semihollow

this was the only guitar i owned from 84 to 92 .. played everything from rush covers to college jazz ensemble to a lot of original fusion ... its low on my depth chart these days and part of me considers selling the pickups to fund a pair of seths or even ants ... but it was my one and only when i was pretty darn broke so i doubt i'd ever sell it unless i was that broke again ... dont expect many votes - might not even vote for it myslef ... but its a really happenin guitar
                Last edited by tone4days; 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM.
                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

My 60 Tribute LP is chambered. As is my Warmoth carved top VW. Also my Kramer Nightrider is a semi.

Comment

BTT...
                    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                    Guitar to sound output:
                    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Working...
                    X