Tele GAS - A New Case....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele GAS - A New Case....

I am having some major GAS for this Tele or one lie it.

Here's mine currently. I could do the mods to mine and it would be close; except for mine's rosewood fretboard.

-Butch

Re: Tele GAS - A New Case....

I like this one too....

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.
    -Butch

Comment

her is a pic of mine

"So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I get Tele GAS when I hear Brad Paisley play. Then I remember that I have bought and sold 3 of them over the years. Just not my thing.

Comment

I remember Mike (XSSIVE) owning that one. It's a great one.
          -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post

Here's mine currently. I could do the mods to mine and it would be close; except for mine's rosewood fretboard.

Why not just get a '59, black guard change out the neck to one with a maple board?

Here's Miss Audrey...
            Last edited by bluesbend; 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM.
            " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
              Why not just get a '59, black guard change out the neck to one with a maple board?
              My wife is trying to get me to do just that; but I like my rosewood fretboard. It's very smooth and comfortable. That said, I might do a 59 in the neck with a w/b/w guard and maybe look for a CS Nocaster or CS Texas Special bridge pickup.
              Last edited by Butch Snyder; 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM.
              -Butch

Comment

I like it. I'm gasing for a Baja Tele at the moment and missed a bagain yesterday, and it had been re-finished in black. when I do get one it will have a bucker in the neck for sure.

Comment

CS Texas Special with a "59 would rock.
                  " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post

Nice you can't go wrong with a tele!
                    BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                    Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                    Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                    Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                    Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                    Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                    Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                    Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                    Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                    Gibson EBO

Comment

I would leave it the way it is. Buy a new one(maybe a Squire) and mod that one. you can never have too many right?
                      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

im really gasing for a 72 deluxe tele. I really cant wait to get my hands on the new WR HB's they are going to put on the new american vintage series

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                          CS Texas Special with a "59 would rock.
                          Yeah man. I also have a Little 59 that I occasionally will throw in the bridge position. It does what it says, sounds like a PAF; but I miss the character of the single coil bridge pickup. I just don't want something vintage-sounding. I think a CS TS would be great, especially with a rosewood fretboard (so I hear).

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                          I would leave it the way it is. Buy a new one(maybe a Squire) and mod that one. you can never have too many right?
                          Yeah, I know, but this one just feels like that old pair of jeans that you always weat because they're sooooo comfortable.
                          -Butch

Comment

I love the way Tele's sound, just not in my hands. I could have picked up a basically brand new MIM Tele over the the 4th weekend for $250. Nice guitar, mint condition, sounded great when the owner played it. Sounded like poo when I played it.

Either way you go, good luck Butch! I'm sure you'll get it right. You seem to know your way around teh teles!
                            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Working...
                            X