walnut strat body maple neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walnut strat body maple neck?

Anybody out there own a walnut strat? i cant decide on a neck and fretboard material that would match well with the walnut. i was considering a one piece maple neck but i am unsure, opinions? thanks!

Re: walnut strat body maple neck?

Maple will be off visually with Black Walnut , but would sound good I think, and bright.
    Warmoth says Ebony boards go well tone-wise with Walnut. It would also blend more to the eye.
    I have a Solid Rosewood neck on my Walnut parts Strat, and it looks good, but I'm not sure about the sound. It sounds okay I suppose. Looks great!
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm finishing up a walnut body guitar with a rosewood fingerboard and the combo looks good. I think an all maple neck would look great, too, though. So would ebony...how's that for some solid advice!

Comment

Ebony is by far my favorite fretboard with Walnut. (Pau Ferro if I had to pick a 2nd) It's a classy look, and a rich, complex tone. Pickup choice is pretty important with this combination and some pickups might surprise you. I like punchy single coils like the SSL-5/6 and STK-S6. If you like Quarter Pounds, you will love them in Walnut. If you're using P.A.F. type pickups, they will likely not sound quite as you expect, but things like the Custom in the bridge, and the Slash A2Pro will be great.

I wish Walnut was not considered so esoteric. I think it has such a great and unique voice (when it's not back breakingly heavy) and I love it as a semi-hollow Strat and Tele back with either a Walnut top or Figured Maple. I am so angry at this thread now because it's making me want to get some and make a semi-hollow carved top.

Comment

Not exactly a strat, but I love these walnut body with a wenge neck and ebony board, I hear they sound awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X