Accurate tracing of a Char So cal pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate tracing of a Char So cal pickguard

Any have a So cal pickguard from one of the pro mods that you can get me an accurate trace of?? I want to get a custom guard made for mine, but dont wanna have to tear it down to trace the guard.. thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Accurate tracing of a Char So cal pickguard

If you get the guard made aren't you going to have to tear it down to put it on?

Comment

yeah.. dont have a prob with that.. just dont want to tear it down, take the pups out and all. have to reassemble, then tear it down 3 wks later
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        yeah.. dont have a prob with that.. just dont want to tear it down, take the pups out and all. have to reassemble, then tear it down 3 wks later
        It seems like you have enough guitars that you could stand to have the Charvel out of commission for a few weeks, if the reassembly is that much of a PITA for you. I've had my #1 out of commission for months. I just play my other guitar.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
          It seems like you have enough guitars that you could stand to have the Charvel out of commission for a few weeks, if the reassembly is that much of a PITA for you. I've had my #1 out of commission for months. I just play my other guitar.
          Due to space and grumpy wife, I have only one axe at my apt.. everything else is in storage. the charvel has been my main player since she arrived.. I can tear it down and store it..

I admit, im also being lazy.. I got SOO burned out of working on them doing pickup swaps and hearing my wife ***** about me working on them etc...

Ill just tear it down..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Power to you, my friend.

I couldn't deal with a woman who can't respect my interests/hobbies.

Comment

Due to space and grumpy wife, I have only one axe at my apt.. everything else is in storage. the charvel has been my main player since she arrived.. I can tear it down and store it..

I admit, im also being lazy.. I got SOO burned out of working on them doing pickup swaps and hearing my wife ***** about me working on them etc...

Ill just tear it down..
              Oh - that changes things. I presume that since you're asking, you've determined that it's not just a standard strat shape. I'd contact Charvel and see if they can help you out.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                I couldn't deal with a woman who can't respect my interests/hobbies.

This. Start packing up her crap and put it in storage.

Comment

The dude at pickguardian has a So-Cal pattern if you want to order from him . . .
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I didnt see any patterns except rics.. Oh well, my lazy ask tore her down today and made the trace.. Funny, I got my WM526 out of storage to replace the charvel and its made me realize how much I friggen love that charvel. it just feels perfect in my hands and the tone is great. The WM is so dark sounding.. gonna be a long few weeks.
                    A side note... I work nites, wife works days. Im nearly deaf and she has eagle ears. Ive been snoring bad due to sinus' and so Ive been sleeping on the couch. I sit up and play for awhile before I go to sleep since Im out there. The other night, I fell asleep playing and when I woke, my kids were giggling at me. I had the charvel under the covers in my arms and the headstock on the pillow beside me. guess its love...

Jol Dantzig

Comment

.... . . . when I woke, my kids were giggling at me. I had the charvel under the covers in my arms and the headstock on the pillow beside me. guess its love...
                      When you say 'kids', do you mean little humans, or little guitars ??
                      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                        When you say 'kids', do you mean little humans, or little guitars ??
                        LOL! I have 5 little humans. 3 daughters are still at home.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                        X