Ace Frehley NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Frehley NGD

As some of you know i'm a big KISS/Ace fan...(halloween 1997)

Well, I came across an opprotunity to pick up a RARE PIECE of Ace Frehley rock history....Washburn AF-40V Ace Frehley model. When Ace left KISS and then started his solo band "Frehleys Comet" in 1986, Washbun and ACE put out this funky guitar to promote Ace and his revived career. They did a silver/black and a red/black (SUPER RARE) I dont know the actual production #s, but i'm pretty sure it was in the 500 range? It a very light bolt on...24 fret. Single hummbucker, vol/tone and a toglle for Ace's pantented toggle off effect during "cold gin"

I would love to jerk out that pup and replace it with something of higher quality, but i want to maintain the originality. The original case is a flight case style...very tough, high quality! The fretboard seems to be some kind of man-made material...maybe a graphite composite? It need a setup something terrible and the Wonderbar system is very user friendly! A truss rod tweak, roller adjustments and it was ready to rock!!!

I have never seen Ace play this guitar live...the only place i have seen this guitar played is on the "Into the Night" video...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here she is....

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Re: Ace Frehley NGD

isnt this the guitar that has the triple coil humbucker?
    "Greetings from Malaysia !"
    http://www.youtube.com/aneyekay1
    My Gear:
    ESP LTD Ec-50 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
    Ibanez RGR321EX w/ Tesla VR-Extreme
    Custom Squier strat
    Roland MicroCube
    Kustom KLA20r
    Joyo Crunch Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by aneyekay1 View Post
      isnt this the guitar that has the triple coil humbucker?
      thats a good question...im not sure?

Comment

Nice looking piece in great condition.

As a fan of KISS since '74 I have yet to get or really want one of those guys' signature guitars or bass. I'm not much for any artists signature guitar either. Players have generated G.A.S. in certain guitars but looking back it was always the guitars more than the players that caused the worst G.A.S. for this guy.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Whoa! That'll turn some heads! Congrats.

Comment

I love it.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

here is a sound clip of the ACE on the Heritage Colonial with a little big muff pedal...

Comment

Nice score! Congrats!

Comment

Frehley himself admits to never really playing it. I have to say - I like it more than his Gibson model.

I have seen a red one once. yuck. Too bad that didn't make it in time for the pointy contest!!!

I actually don't think I'd mind having one of those. It is pretty cool. Very nice condition!!!

How does she play?
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Very cool! I remember seeing that in Mags and a vid or two. You really should slap a Super Distortion in that bad boy for some true Ace tones!
                    Last edited by SFW; 07-10-2011, 09:06 PM.
                    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Frehley himself admits to never really playing it. I have to say - I like it more than his Gibson model.

I have seen a red one once. yuck. Too bad that didn't make it in time for the pointy contest!!!

I actually don't think I'd mind having one of those. It is pretty cool. Very nice condition!!!

How does she play?
                      Thanks man! it plays really well...i had one yrs ago and it didnt play well at all...but this one is fantastic! the seller told me he bought this one from NAMM

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                        Very cool! I remember seeing that in Mags and a vid or two. You really should slap a Super Distortion in that bad boy for some true Ace tones!
                        i would like to do a pup swap...but i want to keep it original

Comment

Gonna play it or hang it? It's cool either way.

No harshness taking the pup out if you are playing it. Just be sure to keep the original.

You gotta get a lightning bolt strap for that.

btw - burn that halloween photo!
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Nice! those are fetching so insane money last I saw an ebay listing.
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Congratulations.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              btw - burn that halloween photo!
                              You're just jealous because he has a cool outfit and can actually do the makeup.

Comment

Working...
                              X