My Trip to Sam-Ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip to Sam-Ash

So today, my drummer, singer and I went down to the Sam-Ash in Clearwater, FL. It was something like a 5-star restaurant before it was a Sam-ash so its really nice looking. And it's HUGE!!!! But the reason why I'm posting this here is because I played a bunch of guitars, one being a Charvel Wild Card, the Orange ones with ebony board(supper smooth board) But one guitar that stood out was an Epiphone Les Paul custom. It was used, and it had a repaired headstock so It was already like...399.99 but I didn't notice the repair until the sales guy mentioned it. It had "dat mojo" This thing played better and felt better than some of the Gibsons in shop. If I had the cash I would go buy it right now. I like it just as much as the Charvel I played. The pickups sounded pretty nice. I was thinking about how a xl-500 would sound in the bridge. But yeah, that guitar left me speechless on the ride home. It was just crazy.
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Re: My Trip to Sam-Ash

The building next door is where the Dean party is held. It was called The Kapok Tree when it was a resturant. Might have to swing by there sunday or so and check out that Epi. Not interesed but still like to play a good guitar. Headstock break and STILL $399? Seems it would be more like $299 or $250 to me but what do I know.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

It wasn't too heavy either. Action was nice, stayed in tune and everything. Maybe I just have a thing for kinda cheap guitars?
      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
      Vox NightTrain 50.
      My Band

Comment

Haven't been there in awhile, but sometimes all of the tile and the size of the rooms makes everything sound kinda mushy in there.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X