X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDUG Ultimate SUPERSTRAT preliminaries

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
    What is the stripe on the headstock?
    Carbon fiber core that runs the length of the neck from heel to headstock. The Genesis series wraps the core in wood so it feels like a normal neck but has the tonal qualities of carbon fiber (incredible sustain with bell-like tones).

Comment

I've never seen something like that before. It's cool. I didn't know carbon fiber was used in guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
        Recessed Wilkinson and a single Duncan Distortion.... it's plenty super for me. Fender neck on a one-piece mahogany body from Warmoth. It may not have a floyd, but I can still pull up on the bar, it stays in tune, and I can change the strings and tune up 4 times faster than a floyd.

I love the simplicity of your strat Mike.
        I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Originally posted by BunnyGuitarShredder View Post
          unless your Jesuscaster can turn my water to wine to keep me hammered enough to not care about divine rigging of this contest, my vote is going for the WM526
          As a matter of fact it can, but I'm not going to let anyone have it because I'M staying hammered all the time. Love that Jesus water.
          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBACCA View Post
            Alrighty, here for your consideration is my 2001 USA Jackson Soloist Archtop Quilt Hardtail (SLATQH) only 60 were made with Duncan Double Stacked P90's, 3/4 of an inch thick AAAAAA Quilted Maple Top, Tung Oiled Mahogany Neck Thru Mahogany Body, Ebony Board, Abalone Pirahna Teeth Inlays. It's my #1 and it sounds / plays as good as it looks.
            [img]https://forum.seymourduncan.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25764&d=1310919064[
            /img]
            Beautiful guitar.

REFEREE!!!!

I request a disqualification for the aforementioned instrument on the grounds of "No Bridge humbucker, hell no fracking humbucker at all"
            :
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

No Way! That's a bad ass! It is a Humbucker. They are stacked.
              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

i'll hop in on this one! my Lotus frankenstrat. bought it local for $80 and went to town on it! its had a prior incarnation or 2 before looking as it does today. it has the green-purple paint, EMG 81(neck)/85(bridge) set, Ibanez RG470 neck(micro routed to fit, 23rd & 24th frets removed), Schaller Floyd, custom pickguard via Terrapin Guitars, LED light, glow in the dark fret dots, and put a hologram sticker on the truss rod cover! the only original parts left are the body, jack plate and the spring claw!
                first got it, it looked like this;

then;

and finally;

someday i'll get a better digicam...................

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  Beautiful guitar.

REFEREE!!!!

I request a disqualification for the aforementioned instrument on the grounds of "No Bridge humbucker, hell no fracking humbucker at all"
                  :
                  Thanks for the compliments fellers!!!

Those are technically Hum-Cancelling P90's sooooo lay off the Haterade Zerb.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                    I've never seen something like that before. It's cool. I didn't know carbon fiber was used in guitars.
                    Yep.. The modulus, rain song accoustics, parker and my WM526 have a Carbon/glass epoxy fretboard..
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The Guitar,
                      Welcome! thats sharp! I like the flip flop paint!
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

1995 Washburn USA Chicago Custom MG 120. SSL 1's neck middle , Custom Custom Bridge. ROCK stable as any Floyd even when doing the most extreme whammy stuff with the Wilky 100. Easier to string and set up than a Floyd and feels GREAT!

Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Got 2 and can't choose so I'm posting both.
                          Late Prototype for the Washburn MG 122. EMG 85 bridge H60A neck one piece maple neck huge jumbos and an ultra flat 20 board. Photos do not do this one justice as it is absolutely spectacular guitar under stage lights. It was a non production one off handbuild and the colors are incredibly vibrant and the quilt really pops under lights. This one is a true handbuilt Grover Jackson masterpiece.

Last edited by Ascension; 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBACCA View Post
                            Thanks for the compliments fellers!!!

Those are technically Hum-Cancelling P90's sooooo lay off the Haterade Zerb.
                            How do they compare to traditional P-90's? I've ben dying to install a P-90 (humbucker spaced, though), but I'm a bit hesitant due to that infamous SC hum.
                            --------------------------------------------------------
                            1973 Aria 551
                            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
                              How do they compare to traditional P-90's? I've ben dying to install a P-90 (humbucker spaced, though), but I'm a bit hesitant due to that infamous SC hum.
                              I can't form a proper comparison because I haven't tried the Seymour Duncan Vintage Soapbar next to my P-90 Stack STK-P1. Seymours Description is spot on: http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...kp1_p90_stack/

Comment

God thats the most hideous thing Ive ever seen in my natural life.
                                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X