Should I Get This GUITAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Get This GUITAR?

There is a lady in my town that will sell me a 1967 Fender Musicmaster for $300. It is in perfect condion, working and no scratches or dents. What do you guys think?

Re: Should I Get This GUITAR?

HELL YES!!! I don't even care for Musicmaster's but, if the guitar is DEAD STOCK, it's worth $300.00 as an investment!!!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

DO IT.

I got mine for $150 at a Pawn Shop (mine's a 65).

They're fun guitars. I put a new Mustang 'guard on mine with a pair of Lace Sensors in it and turned it into a half-assed Duo-Sonic. It's a blast to blow people away with what's basically a child's guitar.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

ATR, why do Fender Musicmaster's sell for so LOW, even when they come from the 60's??? I would think that they would be in the thousands, but what do I know...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarshredder
          ATR, why do Fender Musicmaster's sell for so LOW, even when they come from the 60's??? I would think that they would be in the thousands, but what do I know...

To be honest, they aren't considered professional guitars, even when new. They were made for kids to learn on, basically, a first guitar. They're also very quirky. Mine, for instance is a 24" scale model with a tiny neck, very narrow nut, and 3 saddle, top-loading bridge. It's not the most comfortable guitar I own, but it's a blast to play.

Also, it's a hassle to get the intonation spot on on mine, and I imagine, on others' as well.

BTW, mine does have chips and scratches on the paint, and you can tell how Fender used to paint their guitars when they did them with nitro. I've seen spots of yellow and some white under the red on mine.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I'd jump on it.
            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Working...
            X