Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phaser or Equalizer?

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
    If it's pure-effect you're after, then the EQ can do that as well, kinda. By setting it up so you have a drastic notch, say a mid-range boost/cut, then tapping the switch on/off repeatedly to a beat, you get a sort-of step filter effect, or "wah-on/wah-off" effect.

You'll prbably kill the switch doing that, but still...
    That is weak.

Let's say i want to do some Freebird intro arpeggios. EQ is useless.

Or how about some VH solo thickening, again, EQ useless.

Disco? Need me some phase.

A little 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond"? Better have a little phase.

EQ really does little for any of these.

I still say the EQ though....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Woosh is overrated.

Comment

With certain setups, an eq is essential to a good sound. When I had G12T-75 speakers in my combo for instance, I could not dial in a cutting midrange to my taste without my 6 band MXR or the EQ in the Rocktron Replifex I used at the time. On the other hand, when I replaced to speakers with Eminence Governors, I didn't really need the EQ at all.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          Woosh is overrated.
          So's your mom.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            So's your mom.
            Unacceptable.

Comment

I voted EQ. It seems more to me like sound sculpting vs sound embellishing. I'd go sculpting...and then embellish
              "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
              "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
              "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
              "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

thanks to everyone who posted how they felt and what they thought would serve me a better purpose. I've decided to go pickup an EQ. Seems to be the most useful of the tool and should be alot of fun to play with. Thanks once again to everyone who posted and voted!

Comment

Working...
                X