banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick question for USA hamer owners (gene?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question for USA hamer owners (gene?)

I recall the pup rings on my standard being similar height to Gibson Historic rings (1/2"b, 1/4" neck).

Is that typical of all of them? I want to order some new rings for my incoming Monaco.
    Last edited by JeffB; 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: quick question for USA hamer owners (gene?)

Wait until you get it cause I have never examined those upclose.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
      Wait until you get it cause I have never examined those upclose.

Thx Bro!

Here is another 04 model (mine is too based on SN)- newer ones look like they*might* be shorter.

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That a Willcutt guitar? Looks like Korina too.
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Not sure about your quesiton as I don't think I've replaced them on mine. I always have to plug Hamer and the Monaco's in general. Love my Elite, it's one of the best playing guitars I've ever tried hands down. Jeff did you snag that trans black one on ebay? It went for a pretty good price, if I wasn't having a new baby I probably would have went for it.

Comment

That a Willcutt guitar? Looks like Korina too.
            Yup, It's a Willcutt, but pretty sure it's mahogany just with upgraded "ultimate quilt", and ebony board.

Originally posted by Jeff5 View Post
            Not sure about your quesiton as I don't think I've replaced them on mine. I always have to plug Hamer and the Monaco's in general. Love my Elite, it's one of the best playing guitars I've ever tried hands down. Jeff did you snag that trans black one on ebay? It went for a pretty good price, if I wasn't having a new baby I probably would have went for it.
            I did snag that bad boy! Should be here tomorrow And how funny I just HAD a new baby about a week and a half ago. Sold some stuff to use for bills, and my wife told me to buy a new guitar and amp cos she was tired of hearing me ***** about what I already have Congrats to you!

Comment

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

LOL, yeah they are the big historic size rings, but I think I may keep the black ones for now Gene.

Comment

Working...
                X