NUHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NUHD

Some more pics for Gene- Photobucket squashes them. wish I could get the full resolution, as my wife's camera takes really nice pics.

Signed by The Man himself
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Awww schucks! I just want you to share the Beauty that is a Hamer! They had been doing Trans Black for about a year at that point. When I attended a Hamer tour in October 2004 a guy picked up a Trans Black 12 string Bass that was slamming finish wise. I feel confident in saying you have a steller guitar right there.

Also at that tour Jol took a raw Korina Standard body and slid the neck in that was going on it and picked it up and shook it to show us how tight they build them and how big the neck tenon was. I was forever sold on Hamers. As if I had not been for the 28 years before that.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Trans black is not my fave color by any means-but I do like it, and I can think of some colors I would prefer less. My Hamer Standard definitely had more 3Depth to the top and alot of cross grain, which I adore. I'm sure the trans-black is killing some of that depth with the way they have to dye it, but it's still as good and deep as the majority of PRS 10 tops. And I sure am not gonna complain for $1000!!

The other thing where it differs from my old USA Hamer Standard is that on the Monaco, the binding is different-both are same material, but on the Standard the binding was grooved and you could feel the grooves-as if it were raw. On the Monaco, it seems to have a finish over the top of the binding, so that it is smooth- you can see the grooves if you look closely, but not feel them.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Adjust the mic level on the laptop, that should help the distortion. If you want a nice program to record clips with where you can see the levels good, I have one. It's an old copy but it works great. You can move the laptop further away from the source too.

Is the high E in a different groove on the saddle?

Comment

I tried Roto's and after a few hours of playing time they had a nice warm tone and great intonation. They lasted fairly long too.

Not "bright" like Dads but similar in feel.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              Adjust the mic level on the laptop, that should help the distortion. If you want a nice program to record clips with where you can see the levels good, I have one. It's an old copy but it works great. You can move the laptop further away from the source too.

Is the high E in a different groove on the saddle?
              I actually adjusted the mic level to the minmum volume, and placed it further backwhen trying the Epi clip= no good. I can try again and tinker when I get some time sans baby and wife- which likely will not be soon, lol

The high e just had popped out I guess when I gave it a wipe down before the pics.

Originally posted by gOgIver View Post
              I tried Roto's and after a few hours of playing time they had a nice warm tone and great intonation. They lasted fairly long too. Not "bright" like Dads but similar in feel.
              They kinda have that "raspy" sounding thing on the top end like Dads do, but clearer on the low strings like slinkys. So far I like the feel as well.

Comment

What a looker,congrats!!!
                Is the cutaway always look like that on every Hamer?
                Looks like it might protruding your left hand
                Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Well, I was just tryin to give you an out for the guilt.. but hey, your burden to bear.. Thats amazing! I wouldnt give it up either.. even squashed, the pics are beautiful! Even the appearance of the headstock inlay depth is impressive to me..

I may not be educated as to what to look for, but to me, 10 tops on most PRS' dont look much better or diff to me.. Def not 2-5 grand better

BTW, I LOVE trans black!!
                  Last edited by BloodRose; 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X