Used Hamer Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Hamer Day

Many of Y'all know I like some P90 Goodness and especially when it has a pair set in some great Honduran Mahogany from Hamer. Well I found some. Stripped down basics. No Bling only zing.
    Seymour Duncan 2N and 3B P90s. I took of the standard issue Black covers and replaced them with Cream covers. I also switched the Black Tophat knobs for Amber ones.

Has had something done to the neck. No info available on that and all I would be doing is speculating so I will keep that on my mind. Doesn't stand in the way of playing at the moment. The neck is similar to the '94 and pretty standard mid 90s hamer ffeel/thickness.

Only with the photo essay.....

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Re: Used Hamer Day

Nice looking Special, Gene!
    Collings: '08 001-mhsb
    Dean: '02 Hardtail
    Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
    Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
    Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
    G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
    Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
    Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
    PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

Needs black covers.

" you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Says the Cat responsible for the Cream covers on the new dawgie! Thanks again!!!
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

The knob position is simple but very unique man. Congrats!
          Originally posted by GuitarDoc
          Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Nice pair!! Yikes.

what do think has been done to the neck Gene?
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

One of three things comes to mind. Steel wooled with intent to slightly rough it up, attempt to take it down to tung oil it, (Silly kids Hamer has 14 layers for your ass) or something reacted against it and it was worked on to redo the neck to playing condition. Clear line of differance to the gloss of the finish at the E tuners.

Not photographable at present. Not really an issue, more of a cosmetic annoyance than anything at the moment. HOWEVER, after being in the case for a few days and taking then it out this morning for the first time since Wednesday, there was a slight "tacky" feel to the neck for a few minutes after I lifted out of the case.
              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Those two present a comely appearance!
                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Pure awesomeness.

Comment

Oh, I love that. Very nice. Congrats, man.
                    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

They look great!!
                      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Thanks Gents!!!

With Black covers...

Creamy Goodness...

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

You know me I'm a pest with some photos when i get a new one. The sun was looking Cool about 45 minutes ago so I had an idea.

Always like this shot of my old TV Yellow Hamer Special.

So I shot one of the new one in the same spot.

And then a few more just to OD on some Mahogany goodness against the waning sun of the day.

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Rather than just make with the nice photos I wanna add that today I played this lil P90 Dawgie while doing laundry loads. I riffed along with Uncle Ted Live on Youtube to Stranglehold while he went crazy. I slammed out Surrender along with Cheap Trick, Godzilla and B.O.C., and also played some funky Dorian and Pentatonic influenced scales in a nice clean channel sound with the neck pickup toggled on. P90 guitar the knobs ARE your friends. WOW!!!!!
                            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

i like the humbucker version
                              "Greetings from Malaysia !"
                              http://www.youtube.com/aneyekay1
                              My Gear:
                              ESP LTD Ec-50 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
                              Ibanez RGR321EX w/ Tesla VR-Extreme
                              Custom Squier strat
                              Roland MicroCube
                              Kustom KLA20r
                              Joyo Crunch Distortion