banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ULTIMATE SDUG Super Strat HEAT 2 Poll !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ULTIMATE SDUG Super Strat HEAT 2 Poll !!!

I'm loving that Sinnett but I can't give it a super strat tag. The body is just not close enough and it's design too new to have any 80's mojo. Might as well lump PRS into the super strat category. Just my opinion...

Going with the Kramer.

Comment

Natural Jackson....
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
        I'm loving that Sinnett but I can't give it a super strat tag. The body is just not close enough and it's design too new to have any 80's mojo. Might as well lump PRS into the super strat category. Just my opinion...

Going with the Kramer.
        Nah, it's the photo Ace chose that's at an angle. It's super-statty style alright, although the Baretta is def. more 80's oriented.
        I'm telling you, this poll has A LOT of GAS-worthy axes, it's a freakin' massacre!!!

Here's a couple more aspect-ratio-correct photo plus one more that has captured the color more accurately:
        (click the photos for a higher res. image)
        Last edited by KeeperOS; 08-01-2011, 11:53 AM. Reason: Embedded higher res photos as URL links ;)
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

There's some seriously nice superstrats. Crazy.

"Ask not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum."

"The only thing we need to fear is fear itself."

"Start spreadin' the news.........."

Comment

Forget about the news, start spreadin' the LOVE

(I.e. I LOVE SuperStrats, AFAIC the pinnacle of (electric) guitar-building )
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              This is the second of two polls. The TOP 5 in heat one will be combined with the TOP 5 from heat two for a final 10 contestants vying for the honors of Ultimate Super Strat and Runner Up.

REMEMBER: Voting for your favorite, of which the TOP FIVE move on!

Good luck gentlemen! Here are the second ten contestants:

#1 ErikH's 1988 Kramer Baretta w/ Kline graphic

#2 Zerb's Natural Jackson Soloist

#3 KeeperOS's Stinnett SS6

#4 Livingdead's Hamer Cali

#5 Vengeance's ESP M-1

#6 Edwuld's Ibanez RG4

#7 Bloodrose's Washburn in Black Rainbow Sparkle

#8 Ascension's Washburn in cherry Sunburst

#9 Jessie's Sunburst Jackson

#10 Orpheo's HSH Fender

This page needs photos too.
              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Ah yes - the tradition (now) page two pron Gene post!

And remewmber - the TOP five go forward. No one wins yet!!!!

Looks like the top four and the last, but a lot can change in two days...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the votes everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGab View Post
                    All fine looking axes.
                    A superstrat must have that "do it yourself" mojo, IMHO.
                    So my vote goes to the Fender.
                    Phoenix (the Natural soloist) definitely has that, too..... Here´s what she looked like when I acquired her. 4 good chisels gave their lives to save hers (trem cavity was completely filled with Bondo)

From Ferrari Red and trashed to a screamer dressed in midnight grey metallic with a natural top and red/white binding. Best 300 bucks I ever spent.
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 08-02-2011, 08:51 AM.
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Dear lord, what kind of an animal does that to a perfectly good Jackson?!?!
                      Congrats Zerb for bringing her back from the dead!!!

Mine, although handbuilt, the only do-it-yourself thing about her is that I was the one to spec her. It was another's hand that brought her to life. Thanks again Will!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                        Hey my Hamer made the cut!
                        And in the end - it got my vote. 27 frets, slant single, extreme cutaway...

SUPER DUPER!

Tough call between that, sparkle Washburn, and New York...
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Mine on this side went to BloodRose's Washy. It's a 1 of 1 in the Solar Fire finish+ according to the Washburn there were only a total of 150 HM526's built in any finish. This line was a dropped after Rudy sold the company and IMO was the stupidest move Washburn has ever made. You guys can have no idea how unique these guitars are until you see and play one in person! Best super fast neck Shredder guitar IMO that has ever been built by any company at any Price!!!
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Thanks for the votes. Was beginning to worry if my Kramer would make the cut. Considering that Kramers where pretty much THE superstrat of the 80's, right next to Charvels and Jacksons, it would have been a shame had it not made it.

Comment

Cool! I got to vote in this survey. I picked the Blue one. I have never heard of Stinnet, but that guitar looks amazing.

Will I get to enter my Dean Hardtail in one of these? How often do these threads happen?

I don't think I'd even come close to winning compared to some of these. They are just gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                              X