New Gibson Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Gibson Model

Isn't that called the Dot Studio when it is made by Epiphone?

Except Epiphone's is way cooler and a grand cheaper?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Dot Studio is larger, an archtop, and made of laminated, iirc, maple, and doesn't have a Bigsby.

But they both have only two knobs, so yeah, totally the same.
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Not a fan of the bigsby, but it's a decent price for a Gibson with full binding. The Vegas was better - I don't know why they discontinued it.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
          Not a fan of the bigsby, but it's a decent price for a Gibson with full binding. The Vegas was better - I don't know why they discontinued it.
          Nobody bought them.

They're all sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

They should think about clearing a space in there for these things.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I like it.

Not a big fan of the selector placement though.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
              Yes, much better than an SG Zoot Suit or Reverse V. But that Bigsby's too much, too big and clunky. They only saved a few dollars by going to 2 knobs (instead of 4); why do it? They're selling LP and SG Specials for under a grand with 4 knobs.

I'd like to see this with a full-size 335 body.
              Not even a dollar for them. It's a design restriction (my guess at least)
              Quoted from somewhere I can't remember :
              Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy guitars...

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                Nobody bought them.They're all sitting in a warehouse somewhere.They should think about clearing a space in there for these things.
                Which was exactly what happened to Les Pauls by 1960. Weird when ya think about it.

As for the OP- barring the Speeds (wrong color, black would be fine) and the selector switch ring , I like it! I swore off Bigsbys after my Starla, but at least Gibson was smart enough to put a roller bridge on this model.
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I think it's cool. Nice to see Gibson play to its strengths. I'd prefer a 339, but it's nice to see them make a cool guitar without a built in toaster and gps.

Comment

Working...
                  X