HNGD: korina content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD: korina content!

ofcourse, my favorite brand of les paul: warmoth. korina top, korina back, rosewood board and neck, alnico2pro pickups, and this guitar SMOKES! the frets are superlow stainless steel frets. i don't realy like low frets, and if a guitar has them, I use 009 strings to get some playability :P but this guitar can have 010 strings :P

so, all in all, I like this guitar. I like this guitar A LOT. it was an ebay-steal, and I got it for almost a grand cheaper than it would've been new. I was afraid that the alnico2pro's would make the guitar too fat with all these warm-voiced tonewoods, but in fact, she rocks!

Re: HNGD: korina content!

Oh hell yeah. That's sweet.

I have a PRS SE Singlecut Korina and it smokes too. The pickups in it are DiMarzio Air Classics and it's all sorts of sweetness.

Comment

thanks I like the description 'all sorts of sweetness'. very nice

Comment

I just don't get the bolt-on part. The Les Paul is a set neck guitar. Somehow, the bolt-on part just ruins it for me. Probably sounds just fine though.

Then again, as long as you're happy, then it's great!
        Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
        I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Dang, that's hot.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
            I just don't get the bolt-on part. The Les Paul is a set neck guitar. Somehow, the bolt-on part just ruins it for me. Probably sounds just fine though.

Then again, as long as you're happy, then it's great!
            You forget about that aspect quickly with the angled pocket.

Outstanding looking guitar OP. I'm thinking one of these days I will have to get another Warmoth machine made.
            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I thought this was going to be a Hamer NGD,but congrats anyway for your another Warmoth LP!
              Originally posted by GuitarDoc
              Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

a les paul should also have a huge tenon and mortise (not present on 90% of the les pauls gibsons churns out), a solid back (should I even go there?), a hard maple cap (gibson uses soft maple, soft as butter), mahogany backs (from an african or south american source, please, not asian(I tested gibson's wood in a chemical lab, long live university I suppose), south american rosewood (not asian no-name wood)....so, as long as Gibson doesn't do that structurally, I feel that I can call a warmoth a les paul as well

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_seven View Post
                  I thought this was going to be a Hamer NGD,but congrats anyway for your another Warmoth LP!
                  Hamer in the netherlands? No...almost unfindable.besides, i like raw necks, like rosewood,wenge,padouk...hamer doesnt do those woods.

Comment

A pic of the clearcoat fauxbinding i made

Imho the guitar needed some contrast. The top has so many brown streaks though, sometimes you can't even see its bare wood
                    Love the guitar all the same, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X