banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So these have been out awhile...anyone tried them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So these have been out awhile...anyone tried them?

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: So these have been out awhile...anyone tried them?

What truly excellent labeling. I'm serious. I love that.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Have a set but been too busy/lazy to put them on; was very impressed with the Dunlop strings I tried a few months ago so looking forward to trying these...
      EVH: "I'm a tone chaser... I love chasin' tone!"

Comment

You know I did!

Had to...Rev. Willy G Mexican Lottery...too much, had to!

My opinion, they're alright...didn't blow me away but they're alright.

They feel a little funny too, very slinky for their size.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hmm..sounds like the regular Dunlops- I tried them when they first came out- definitely have a loosey goosey feel, which according to Dunlop is by design: they wanted low tension for a given set. Reckon it's a good thing if you wanna jump up a string gauge, but those regular Dunlops felt "dead" to me right out of the package, and were dark in tone, too.

Then again, my string pref has changed markedly in the past 5 years, so I very well may like them?

I'd like to try them just to have the package, SS! Ad copy kinda reminds me of the old packs of BD's and Gibson strings my dad had in the case for his ES125.
          Last edited by JeffB; 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

The packaging rocks. I'd like to try a set to be honest. Been using Slinkys for a while and like them just fine.

Comment

I assume these are very light guage?
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                I assume these are very light guage?
                7,8,9, or 10s.

Comment

Oh, now .10s I could work with...
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Have to give the 10's a try, got to order them though can't find them in any stores. Only use 10's on 1 guitar but that's all right.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

if they made 11's i would totally have tried them but they dont

Comment

I've been curious, just because Billy uses them. I also noticed that Dunlop strings do have a lower tension. I tried a set of tens, and they felt like nines. I could only imagine how light the sevens would feel!

Comment

Hmm I may have to try em out.

I like the packaging!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            if they made 11's i would totally have tried them but they dont
                            +1, I play 12s but can live with 11s for a testbed /visitorīs guitar.
                            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize the gauges only went up to .10.
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Working...
                              X