banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid deal of teh day, Gibson RD Standard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid deal of teh day, Gibson RD Standard....

What, they change the deal or soemthing? I checked at midnight this morning at work (lunch) and it was the Peavey Windsor head and a 4x12 cabinet halfstack for like $550 or something.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
      This guitar gives real meaning to stupid deal of the day.

It has nothing in common with a RD. Every single detail is wrong down to the pickups.
      Blah blah blah blah blah. Ok, we get it, you don't like the guitar. Shut up and move along.

Comment

Even if you hate that it has nothing in common with the original it's a great price for a Gibson considering it's not a melody maker, junior, faded, or holey. You could probably expect somewhere between Explorer and SG in sound and while it's not a classic tone it's likely very useful. Personally, I don't mind the looks either.

Comment

Daaaaaang.

Man, **** being perpetually broke.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
            What, they change the deal or soemthing? I checked at midnight this morning at work (lunch) and it was the Peavey Windsor head and a 4x12 cabinet halfstack for like $550 or something.
            Midnight is not at the same time for all of the country. Maybe its a time difference between where you are located and what the MF servers are set up to.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
              Even if you hate that it has nothing in common with the original it's a great price for a Gibson considering it's not a melody maker, junior, faded, or holey. You could probably expect somewhere between Explorer and SG in sound and while it's not a classic tone it's likely very useful. Personally, I don't mind the looks either.
              It's probably much better than a maple RD with Fender scale but still a tune-o-matic.

Comment

True. I'm in central time and keep thinking they go by eastern.
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

Oh Gawd Dawg! I missed this. The trans Amber mustve sold out in a flash.
                  Its what I wouldve vastly preferred.;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                    the Firebird studio are all thin pieces of mahogany ..
                    IDK what Firebird Studio you are talking about, but my old FBS was practically as thick bodied as an explorer, but it was contoured/rounded off unlike a regular FB and that perhaps gives it a thinner appearance (?).

And in this case too, despite the 3x3 headstock I'd much rather have this updated RD over the original, just like I prefer the FB Studio over the original FB design. But the modern RD would definitely look better with a FB style headstock.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                      Oh Gawd Dawg! I missed this. The trans Amber mustve sold out in a flash.
                      Its what I wouldve vastly preferred.;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/img/b...mn/sd_logo.png
                      Your link is just the location of this image....

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Sold Out

I woulda probablly jumped on one of the Naturals for that price and made it my first ever "brand new" Gibson.

It woulda looked sweet and rocked like hell with a set of zebra Pearly Gates.

Comment

Nuts. I saw this one day too late. And I just got a raise at work.
                          I wanted an original one really bad when I was in high school and had been playing for a couple of years, back in 1979. Of course, I didn't have the funds. I'm not sure how I'd have liked the maple body and longer scale after a while. It might have just fueled GAS for another humbucker guitar.

But the mahogany body on the new ones has me GAS'ing. Put binding, block inlays and an ebony board on it and I'd be in love.
                          "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                          Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                          guitar pic site
                          Original prog rock on soundcloud
                          Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                          Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
                          X