Custom Strat Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Strat Neck

hey guys i have a custom strat body all planned out, thanks to the awesome people here on the forums! hsh rear routed olympic white strat w/ all gold hardware, floyd rose, and a kill switch. thanks to the warmoth custom builder i was able to get a vivid layout of my future baby

im not sure what to get as far as necks go... i've heard something about scalloped frets? and as experience goes, how many frets should i get? im thinking the standard 22, but then again i dont know...

any questions, comments or suggestions are appreciated!
    thanks

Re: Custom Strat Neck

If it's a Strat body, I would stick with 22 frets...the 2 extra frets you get with 24 aren't very accessible because of the heel location and body shape.

The frets themselves don't change at all on a scalloped neck, it's the fretboard. Wood is removed between the frets, like this:

"Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

sounds good, but are scalloped frets better than normal?

Comment

...better? It's a question of preference, not better or worse. Most players play un-scalloped necks, if that helps.
        "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

It's not the frets that are scalloped. Hopefully...

Comment

I used to own a scalloped neck. It made the strings easier to bend and it made bending chords a bit easier, but for me the extra cost outweighed the benefit of having it.

Comment

Working...
            X