Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp Question

:hijack:

How would you compare the HRD speaker to the speaker(s) in a 2004 Classic 30 or Delta Blues 210?
    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Re: Amp Question

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Buzzy is kind of a general term. IMO, Hotrod's have buzzy gain channels, which is how they naturally sound. I'd first recommend turning down the gain to the point where the amp just sounds mildly overdriven, then use a good OD pedal to bring it back up to singing sustain. Amp manufacturers use the the cheapest, most reliable tubes they can buy in bulk. Personally, if I had a Hotrod Deluxe (I've had two Devilles), I'd sell the speaker for a few bucks, replace it with a Vintage 30, use Svetlana 6L6's and Sovtek 12AX7LPS pre tubes. Get a good OD like a Fulltone FDII, and never max out the gritty gain on the amp.

Or, you could return or sell the amp, and shop for one that fits your style to a T, so you don't have to change anything.
      Actually, I don't use the Hotrod's OD too mch, since I already have good pedals, and want to avoid the channel buzz. I do exactly what you're telling me to do. What I meant is that the clean channel is noisey too. But thanks anyway, and nice suggestions. And the amp that fit my style to a T's a bit out of my range lol. (Mesa, anyone?)
      '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

Working...
      X