Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LP studio - to buy or not to buy

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    serial is in the photos.. 12930064. maybe a tiny bit missing.. Ive never seen a studio with mini hums
    I've sent an email to Gibson. From what I can gather from the measley bits of info on the net it's a guitar that was built specially for Thomann.de to have mini-humbuckers.

....and I also bought it. Still putting it through the tests but I'll get back to you guys soon enough
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

I'd love to have it, but not for that price. $200 less, then yes indeed.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
        I've sent an email to Gibson. From what I can gather from the measley bits of info on the net it's a guitar that was built specially for Thomann.de to have mini-humbuckers.

....and I also bought it. Still putting it through the tests but I'll get back to you guys soon enough
        You are the man Markk!!!
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
          I'd love to have it, but not for that price. $200 less, then yes indeed.
          Price comparison is hard as the dollar changes and all that. I ultimately got it for 800 USD (dollar being quite strong now...and Canadian even better )
          "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
          "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
          "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv

Comment

Price comparison is hard as the dollar changes and all that. I ultimately got it for 800 USD (dollar being quite strong now...and Canadian even better )
            Nice. Exactly what I thought it would be worth if I was the one thinking about buying it. Hope it works out for you. I love LP Deluxes. You basically have a Deluxe Studio now. Pretty neat.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I like that guitar in post #1 ! Very classy looking, especially for a Studio !!!

I would deff get it if i were in the market for a mini-hum equiped guitar !

Hell, if i had the money, i would buy that LP just to say i have a mini-hum guitar
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

CONGRATZ MATE !!!

It really is a good looking guitar . . .

. . . but now we want pic's, lots n lots of pics, NOW !!!
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                  CONGRATZ MATE !!!

It really is a good looking guitar . . .

. . . but now we want pic's, lots n lots of pics, NOW !!!
                  Pics will come. I promise, just need some time

And as a side note....THIS THING ROCKS!

Comment

i'd like to read a good review on those minibuckers as i've recently become interested in them as opposed to conventional paf's.

Comment

Originally posted by Khriss Bliss View Post
                      Scott Gorham during T Lizzys golden era had minibuckers on his sunburst Deluxe.
                      And he said in a guitar magazine interview last year, that he didn't like the sound of that guitar at all. Wished he would have had full-size HB's. I guess they wanted his guitar to sound different than the other ones.
                      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by tenniso View Post
                        i'd like to read a good review on those minibuckers as i've recently become interested in them as opposed to conventional paf's.
                        Hmmm, in that case. I'll try to get pics and a review in, maybe even sound clips.

Comment

Working...
                        X