Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell Me About Les Paul Customs Please

Originally posted by donahue1 View Post
    Well I bought one. NGD thread to come in about 3 weeks.
    Originally posted by 9finger View Post
    Uh, more like you stole one lol.
    OK, give it up- what'd ya buy? 3 weeks is not cool for us to wait
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I'll not say exactly what he got, but I will say he got it for the price of a used lefty LP studio and then some.
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by 9finger View Post
        I'll not say exactly what he got, but I will say he got it for the price of a used lefty LP studio and then some.

Jeebus, I'm praying for him it's not a forgery!

Did he buy it from a crackhead who needed a quick fix?????
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post

If so, he ought to look into it. It might be like my Hamer...

Comment

It's on the level as far as not being fake. We had a steady stream of text messages going on through the whole thing. Stolen? Eh, could be, but I wasn't there. I know the guy was selling an amp and a Synth system. The LP needs a minor repair, but it was still well under market value.

I'll let donahue aka P RAWK fill in the rest of the details.
            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Yeah its very real. And so is my boner for it. It had a hairline crack in the underside of the neck steming from where the nut meets the neck binding, its about 2 inches long, so its not something I was about to ignore, not my style. The day after I bought it I took it to a luthier that says he has fixed over 200 broken Gibson headstocks. Credentials you ask? He went to the Kalamazoo auction, and bought some of their acoustic jigs and some random hand tools. He builds guitars. This guy is a total guitar geek and I trust him.

He quoted me at $200 and said I shouldn't be able to tell it was ever there. 3 weeks for the nitro coats to all cure up he said.

The guitar isn't stolen. The owner was an older man with health problems that lived with his sister and had no current income. He looked like Don Vito. Haha

I highly doubt I was the first guy that stopped to look at it. The crack must have scared some people off. Not me. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Lefties don't get to go to GC and try out 15 Les Pauls and buy the one that speaks to them. They seize the day. Much thanks to 9finger for support throughout the whole process. I was shakey, and its nice to have another lefty guitar geek (friend I've known for 5 years) to back your play and offer advice.
              Last edited by donahue; 10-03-2011, 02:26 AM.
              Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
              I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by donahue1 View Post
                Yeah its very real. And so is my boner for it. It had a hairline crack in the underside of the neck steming from where the nut meets the neck binding, its about 2 inches long, so its not something I was about to ignore, not my style. The day after I bought it I took it to a luthier that says he has fixed over 200 broken Gibson headstocks. Credentials you ask? He went to the Kalamazoo auction, and bought some of their acoustic jigs and some random hand tools. He builds guitars. This guy is a total guitar geek and I trust him.

He quoted me at $200 and said I shouldn't be able to tell it was ever there. 3 weeks for the nitro coats to all cure up he said.

The guitar isn't stolen, the owner was an older man with health problems that lived with his sister and had no current income. He looked like Don Vito. Haha

I highly doubt I was the first guy that stopped to look at it. The crack must have scared some people off. Not me. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Lefties don't get to go to GC and try out 15 Les Pauls and buy the one that speaks to them. They seize the day. Much thanks to 9finger for support throughout the whole process. I was shakey, and its nice to have another lefty guitar geek to back your play and offer advice.
                awesome! Cannot wait to see the NGD thread

Comment

awesome! Cannot wait to see the NGD thread
                  Anna has a new Sony HD camera, so hopefully I can do some visual justice. Its amazing: the Custom and the camera.
                  Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
                  I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

I was searching for something, stumbled into this thread again and realized...where is that NGD!!!???? Busted! Lets see this Custom.

Comment

Working...
                    X