Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ada preamp question

Originally posted by Kent S.
    I actually get very little noise from my MP-1, and no appreciable hum, but the more I can lower the noise floor, the better. Cool deal Duke, thanks for the updated link as I haven't been to the ADA Depot in more than a while.
    Hey how is the three tube mod? I'm not really looking for more gain, as I've got enough, I wouldn't mind being able to add the *brown tube* mode to mine (although I don't know how good it is, because I never messed with the MP-1 Classic), but the MP-1 could use something a bit warmer, and fatter than the overdrive from the clean tube mode. I'd like to be able to get the third tube to basically act sorta like a power tube ... heck I wonder if a 6V6 could be stuck in there ... Any plans for a three tube mod that will do a power amp emulation on the third tube? Just curious.
    As a side note, I bet the cap on the BBD driver chip, could be switched to change the delay time of the chorus to give a simple flanger, but I wonder how I could get it to switch per program ... Oh well, lofty idea anyway. Thanks Duke.
    hey Kent,
    Regarding the 3TM mod.. it sounds like it has alot more gain because of the way it sounds. the tone on the 3TM is alot tighter & clearer then a stock MP-1.. and the gain is alot more useful, even when both ODs are cranked to 10s, which you'll probebly never need to do that. The 3rd tube is sorta split in half. half of it is basicly addition for the gain (useful gain), the other half acts as a tone buffer for the 2 tone control trimpots added to the tube board. There are 2 trimpots added (Check here):
    The Top Trimpot controls the Mid/Low To High Frequency Balance Control
    The Bottom Trimpot controls the Mid To Low Frequency Balance Control

The Brown channel.. i've only played with the Clean Tube setting a couple of times and from what i can tell you, its got this spongy sag type of sound. you can get pretty cool sounds out of it if you use the OD settings "properly"...

Let me know if you have any further questions..

by the way, what are you using with your MP-1? amp wise, effects, etc.

hope that helps
    www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

I'll Pm you on that stuff ... Thanks for the info.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

One thing to note, get something that supports phantom power. You'll be glad you did. The ADA has built in phantom power on the back panel which uses any 9v style wall-wart to power any MIDI footswitch with the 7 pin style MIDI cable.

If your planning on doing any type of live playing you'll want a phantom powered pedal.
        Dirrty Hairy - A Tribute To Hair Metal

'05 Splawn/Mansel Custom Strat
        '95 PRS Custom 24
        '89 PRS CE 24

'05 Splawn Quick Rod
        '04 Splawn Quick Rod
        Splawn 4-12
        Marshall JCM 800 4-12

Comment

Working...
        X