banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely sold on my Epi Pro/Fx after Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely sold on my Epi Pro/Fx after Saturday!

I played out with the Epi for the first time on Saturday night and the guitar played and sounded soooo good, that I didn't even pick up either of the two others I brought with me. Holy smokes, the Super Distortion bridge and Duncan Designed Jazz neck both crushed. The jazz sounds great split, which I was worried about, but wow, the perfect sound for both clean (Hard Day's Night) and distortion (Voodoo Child and more). Switching between the humbucker and split during extended solos was very cool. Got a few compliments on my sound and how beautiful the guitar is. It's times like this where the money put in doesn't matter anymore. The guitar may have slightly high action on the bass side, but it sure has some mojo. Sweet.
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Re: Completely sold on my Epi Pro/Fx after Saturday!

Nice.

Comment

very cool!!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

"I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Comment

pics or it didn't happen???
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
            I played out with the Epi for the first time on Saturday night and the guitar played and sounded soooo good, that I didn't even pick up either of the two others I brought with me... Got a few compliments on my sound and how beautiful the guitar is. It's times like this where the money put in doesn't matter anymore.
            +1. I've gotten so many compliments on the tones of my Epi's, why do I need to spend more on a guitar?
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

That is good to hear, I remember having some doubts initially, probably because of the weak electronics and pus it came with stock.

Really glad that all it took was a pickup swap to get it up and running!!!
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Yep, a pickup swap and a setup by a tech. When I got it back from the tech, the action was great, then a few days later, it developed a buzz. I raised the action on the bass side and problem solved. The tech said I could bring it back no charge, but I haven't had a chance. IIRC, the electronics in this guitar are supposed to be slightly better than the standard Epi stuff. I hope so. If not, I'll just swap it out, no problem. This is a big turnaround, because for those that remembered, I wasn't too happy with this guitar when I got it, mostly because it was nearly unplayable. The setup fixed that nicely, and that darn Floyd stays in tune no matter how hard I am on it!
                My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Working...
                X