my new girl Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new girl Victoria

Sorry, cell phone pics.. didnt want to be called Iceman or Blueman..

And now, the story.. I had a Dean V long ago that I really liked, but sold as it wasnt a daily player type.. Recently, Ive been needing a V for a project Im going to do. I REALLY REALLY love the new Gibson Trad pro v, but havent got that kinda money.. Fast forward a couple of weeks and Im thinking of how good my Dean played and how great a deal i had gotten on it. So, I asked the Guru of all things Dean, (BTMN) and he got me a phone number of a guy that sells Deans. So i gave Jody a call and ask if he can get me a scratch and Dent 79 v? He said he'd check with the factory and get back with me.. He contacted me back and said he can get a black one. Said there are some scuffs on it and made me a GREAT deal..

I got it an its really in fantastic shape.. A few light wisps, but no worse than most floor models . oddly, it appears to be a 2007, which ironically was the year of the V I had and sold.

Anyhow, the stock pups sound pretty darn good, the action is wicked low and fast and its very resonant. It plays so easy and it even kinda looks like the Gibson, asisde from the headstock..
    Last edited by BloodRose; 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: my new girl Victoria

Nice. Now chrome that ***** out.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Gene pimpin' for the Jodi!

Cool place - you'd dig it.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
        +1!

Congrats, man! She's a looker.

Comment

Those Dean 79 series can be some of the most surprising MIK intruments out there, especially considering the price- I had 3 MLs, and two of them ( a CSB, and a Blueburst) were absolutely worth twice what I paid for them- my Braz Burst just never sounded very good no matter what pickups I put it in it.

At the time they were all under the $500 mark, brand new.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Well there ya go!! Play it up and Bring it down in February. Seen the jam threads in the DOA section at Dean Forum? Sign up!
            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Gene pimpin' for the Jodi!

Cool place - you'd dig it.
              They a full shop? I know he does alot of ebay biz.. he did very good by me.

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
              Those Dean 79 series can be some of the most surprising MIK intruments out there, especially considering the price- I had 3 MLs, and two of them ( a CSB, and a Blueburst) were absolutely worth twice what I paid for them- my Braz Burst just never sounded very good no matter what pickups I put it in it.

At the time they were all under the $500 mark, brand new.

yeah, they are suprisingly good for what they cost..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice !
                Good luck with it and keep pickin' err, chuggin'

Comment

That's WAY cool Bro!
                  And I really like the current color scheme (well, except that IMO d-zebra should be with both creme up but that's me ) but feel free to experiment. That's the best part of inexpensive guitars after all

Congrats and Happy New Guitar Day!!!
                  Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                  I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                  Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                  Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                    +1 that would be hawt chromed out....
                    "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

yeah, most everything is chrome but the rings and knobs. I may have some chrome rings.. If so, ill toss them on.. you think chrome dome knurled knobs would look good on it?? But I really have no extra money to update anything..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice Grab!
                        What's the "project"?
                        "Scalloped & Stickered"
                        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
                          Nice Grab!
                          What's the "project"?
                          thanks! If things at home get settled, Ill call you and fill you in... got a kid getting into a heap of trouble and giving me gray hair...
                          Last edited by BloodRose; 10-07-2011, 02:41 PM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Congrats! I have the same model only in white. Agreed about the pickups too. I was totally prepared to swap 'em out before I got the guitar but when it arrived and I plugged it in I realized there was nothing wrong with the stock pups. Great guitar all around. Enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              thanks! If things at home get settled, Ill call you and fill you in... got a kid getting into a heap of trouble and giving me gray hair...
                              Ugh,sorry to hear,dude...
                              Gotta play tonight,& hopefully Sun(weather permitting).
                              I should be around all day tomorrow,tho.
                              Lemme know,man,& best of with the sitch...
                              "Scalloped & Stickered"
                              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
                              X