Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibsons

Re: Fibsons

I'm always happy when people see fake-ass guitars and report the sellers if they don't take them down.
    It's one thing to sell a copy guitar, and say it is one. It's another thing to go fake a gibson and sell it under false pretense.

Comment

Beware of the fibbys

Comment

And they have the stones to wish Les Paul a peaceful resting...
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Beer$, that site lists fakes and calls them out, they are not encouraging fakes but rather supporting Gibson by showing the fakes so prospective buyers know what to look for. It's not anti-Gibson in any way and has nothing to do with wishing Les Paul peace on the other side.

Comment

What baffles me is, there's a million threads around the net nit-picking what they systematically check when looking for fakes so how come the counterfeiters STILL do those same mistakes?

I mean, I REALLY don't care for Gibsons and STILL could tell you that the blue one on the top was a fake at first glance...
            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

this thread disappoints....

here i was thinking it was something to do with more about fender gibby hybrids like the tele-gib etc..
              Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
              you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Nah, Fibson is more like short for Fake Gibson...
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                  Nah, Fibson is more like short for Fake Gibson...
                  meh

i just invision a les paul with three strat pickups in it and a vibrato of some sort when i here Fibson
                  Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                  you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

nice one astro!
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I believe its high time we expended less energy on fake Gibsons and more on fake Musicians playing *real Gibsons;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

^indeed

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                          What baffles me is, there's a million threads around the net nit-picking what they systematically check when looking for fakes so how come the counterfeiters STILL do those same mistakes?

I mean, I REALLY don't care for Gibsons and STILL could tell you that the blue one on the top was a fake at first glance...
                          Heres the thing. They know they arent perfect but they dont care cause there are still suckers that buy them. You really think they are fooling anyone that reasonably educated on guitars? The people that buy them are either uneducated or dont care. Either way you dont have to spend money to redo your tooling when there are plenty of suckers lined up to buy them
                          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                          X