Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warren Di and an LP!

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    And that recording was obviously off the board/direct. I'm guessing it sounded a lot better in the house.
    ya it's a pure honest recording... this is how they really sounded that night without the echo of the room, the crowd noise, and the sheer volume...

i've heard lots of board tapes and very few artists sound "great" raw...

Comment

the singer looked like he'd rather be getting a proctology exam. he did not look enthusiastic about the show at all.
      good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

seriously, LOL at the dude in the rat costume

Comment

Ok, that was actually 1997 and not 2007. During that era, they were a 4-piece and hadn't but a 2nd guitarist in place yet (Robbin was out of the band but they were hoping he would beat the demons that ultimately took his life).

That was not a great sounding era for them. Not to mention, as has been said, it's a board mix, and without anything else added, yeah, it won't sound that great. Add the crowd noise, some more ambience and mix it a little better and it'll sound totally different.

Here they are NOW (ok, 2010). Not a board mix, but you can tell they sound better now than they did then.

Cranky-d, Stephen has always been that way on stage since the beginning. It's the "tough guy" thing.

Comment

you sure Erik? back when Robbin was on "hiatus", Juan was still in the band and they still looked hair metal.. looks like Robby Crane on bass in that clip I posted.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              you sure Erik? back when Robbin was on "hiatus", Juan was still in the band and they still looked hair metal.. looks like Robby Crane on bass in that clip I posted.
              Juan left the band not long after Robbin, maybe a year. They were fighting to keep the name out there in hopes that Robbin would be able to get back with them after that. Sadly, that never happened. They released an album with just Warren on guitar but Infestation goes back to the original way, with Carlos Cavazo on guitars with Warren. Juan and Robbin were very close and Juan hasn't done anything with them since he left RATT until 2007 with, "The Dirty Rats".

Comment

Hmm. I thought Juan hung in awhile.. I know Michael S covered some dates while Robbin was out and that they did the next album sans RC, but I was under the impression juan was involved until they sort or had the hiatus period before they went out without Stephen.. Im a big fan, but not down with all the trivia.. thanks for the info.. Did juan leave? i was under the impression he wasnt invited back when they regrouped..
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Hmm. I thought Juan hung in awhile.. I know Michael S covered some dates while Robbin was out and that they did the next album sans RC, but I was under the impression juan was involved until they sort or had the hiatus period before they went out without Stephen.. Im a big fan, but not down with all the trivia.. thanks for the info.. Did juan leave? i was under the impression he wasnt invited back when they regrouped..
                  From what I had read, he was invited but declined.

I'm glad they got someone like Carlos in there. He and Warren sound good together and Carlos contributed a couple of the songs on Infestation, which I think is a really solid album.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    From what I had read, he was invited but declined.

I'm glad they got someone like Carlos in there. He and Warren sound good together and Carlos contributed a couple of the songs on Infestation, which I think is a really solid album.
                    interesting.. I need to get Infestation.. what ive heard what good.. i also liked Carlos' in QR and think he is a good fit with the Ratt gang..

I cant recall the name of the last Ratt cd I bought.. It has alot of good bluesy playing on it tho.

Thanks!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Dude, Infestation kicks major ass!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                        Dude, Infestation kicks major ass!
                        Note to self, >>>> next payday, buy Infestation<<<<<<<

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                        X