banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot but: has anyone played handcrafter acoustic Yamahas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot but: has anyone played handcrafter acoustic Yamahas?

I know, not many acoustic freaks on this forum although I know there are a few.

I've been looking for a new low-mid-priced (below 1K$) acoustic as a back-up or possible live axe in order to avoid bringing the Taylor everywhere and risking breaking/gettin' it stolen, etc. and keeping it exclusively for writing/recording...

The L series Yamahas have caught my attention. They seem like a tremendous value, considering the "16" level of their L guitars are all solid wood and sell around here in Canada for 750$.

Have any of you had a chance to play on of them? I'm looking at the LJ (jumbo) and LL (dread) in particular but any other (LS for example) will do.

What were they like in terms of fit/finish? How did they compare tonally to other nice acoustics you've played/owned?

They aren't available around here and there aren't many reviews on the net either (and I don't trust Youtube videos to evaluate much but acoustics are definitely not something I'd trust a cheap video for).

Any help is welcome,

Gracias amigos!
    Last edited by Surgeon; 10-11-2011, 06:04 AM.
Working...
X