Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerodyne Strat owners?

Hi,

I love my Aerodyne Tele, and have considered a Strat ever since I got the Tele new about 7 years ago. I've not played the Strat, though, and they are gone from shops now. I am wondering what Aerodyne Strat owners think of their guitars.

I've seen them in various colors, and both with and without a pick guard. I'm thinking I like the model with the pick guard better. Was one made for the domestic market, and one for export, or did they just use pick guards in some years and not in others?

Thanks
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Aerodyne Strat owners?

I have never seen one with a pickguard - post a picture of one please!
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Re: Aerodyne Strat owners?

The JB domestic (Japanese market) model had a pick guard, and the U.S. ones did not. I have also seen at least two variations of pick guard on those ones. One with the smoked gray Aerodyne hardware, and one with a standard Jazz Bass look. They also came in at least two other colors in Japan (red and gray). Not sure if the Tele was ever made with a pick guard, or if that guitar was even sold in Japan.

Here is an E-Bay auction for a Strat with a guard: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-JAPAN...item3f0e483530. That one is in Tokyo. I have seen the Strat both ways. I seem to remember the U.S.-market Aerodyne Strats having pick guards when I bought my Tele back in late '04. I remember thinking that it was odd for the Strat to have a pickguard, but for the JB and Tele not to. I chalked it up to the idea that they could use standard routing instead of a rear-load set-up. Only later did I see an Aerodyne Strat that was rear loading (hence routed much differently in the back).

I'll soon be trying an Antiquity mini HB in the neck slot of my Tele. The stock P-90 is just unusable to me.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-11-2011, 05:16 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X