• Show
Clear All

Re: New Guitar Day x2!!!!

Guitar shopping: you're doing it right
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Varg View Post
      I know how you feel, I was going to buy a Les Paul Standard, I had the cash ready for it once I found one I liked. But I found a used Faded in cherry and I had to get that instead, it was one of those times when you know a guitar has YOUR name on it!
      They're great guitars, really well built and they sound awesome (mine has a Super D/PAF in it now).
      That's Exactly how it was with me! Once I played it I just knew that it was going home with me.
      Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
      How's the Les Paul? Someone is selling one near me for $700. worth it?
      I love the Les Paul! That's actually the same price I got mine for (w/ hardcase and tax, out-the-door). I know I could have found one for a little cheaper but none of them that I have played have played as good as this one. So to me it was very much worth the extra to get one that I knew played great. If you like it and it plays good.... go for it man!
      Originally posted by Varg View Post
      In £ that would be about £445. Its probably a fair price (Im not totally familiar with US guitar prices), if you could talk him down to $650 I would definetely say yes. I paid £525 ($830) for mine with the real nice hard case and Ive never regretted a penny.

You read a lot of people saying they dont like them - but Ive never read anyone who actually OWNS one saying they dont think theyre anything but great guitars. From blues to rock to very heavy metal, these guitars sound exactly how a Les Paul should.
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
      Guitar shopping: you're doing it right
      Thanks! Ya I've got burnt too many times from buying online and buying guitars that I haven't play before. So I've decided that I'm always going to play a guitar before I make a purchase now.
      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Congrats man, enjoy them in good health!
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
          Congrats man, enjoy them in good health!
          Thanks man!!

Comment

You done good. I like those Studios too. Very cool Les Pauls and an absolute killer value.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              You done good. I like those Studios too. Very cool Les Pauls and an absolute killer value.
              Thanks man! I'm very happy with them! I played the Gretsch all morning at church today and I'm going to play the Les Paul all night tonight! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                Thats deserves TEN of these;

This.
                My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                Originally posted by CTN
                I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I played the Les Paul at church tonight, and I'll I can say is HOLY COW!!! My rig has never sounded THIS good before! I love this Les Paul. I know I'm still on the honeymoon period, but I think this one is a keeper!

Comment

Working...
                  X