i want this limited SG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want this limited SG!

24 fret, Iommi bridge pickup, mini neck bucker.. this may be my next purchase. I think it is a limited run for AMS.
    '05 Gibson SG Standard
    '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
    PRS IRW McCarty
    '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
    82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Re: i want this limited SG!

The mini HB is nice. But you can also put one in any SG quite easily, whether it has a full face pick guard or the half guard. And if you really want to play the 23rd and 24th frets, is an SG the right guitar for you anyhow? There are some great options out there for 24-fret players. An SG is not one of the best bodies for that IMO.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

my biggest concern on a 24 fret SG would be stability of the neck.. But, this one looks deeper set. (thus the mini bucker) So perhaps it would be cool.. i like it myself..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Aside from the 24 fret neck, meh.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
          I dont think anyone except Kam has the hots more for the full pickgaurded ones.
          Fixed.
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I like the big guard, they just need rings installed on them at the factory.

I like the '61 style too though.

Comment

I really dig that.

Comment

I've never really been an SG person, nor have I owned one, but I kinda like that.

It's the way the pickgaurd, minibucker, and longer scale neck flow together, I think. It gives the whole guitar a different feel.

I would rock that SG.

Comment

I'm not crazy about the mini hum, on this particular guitar. But, otherwise, I like it!

Comment

Why do they insist on doing full pickguards!

I dont think anyone has the hots more for the full pickgaurded ones.

Still a nice axe ... I just prefer the 61 styled one.
                    +1. I think most guys prefer the angel wing (small) pickguard. The batwing (large) is also more difficult to work with changing PU's, and the PU's don't tilt at the same angle as the strings, unless you bend the feet on them, so you can't get the PU height right. I think both pickguards have their place, but the angel wing should be used much more often.
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Why do they insist on doing full pickguards!

Still a nice axe ... I just prefer the 61 styled one.
                      I like both. The full guard with a Vibrola is the most beautiful SG IMO. I prefer the little guard with a stop tail piece. Lucky me. I have a little guard SG with a stop tail piece and a full guard SG with a Vibrola!

As for why they do it, it's to force people to go for the '61 reissue...which they screw up with ugly fake aged plastic parts. So you cannot win! I just got an Epiphone Japan '61 reissue (same as Orville, but says Epiphone on the Gibson-shaped headstock). Great, great guitar. Only thing a Gibson has on it is a lacquer finish.
                      Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                        The mini HB is nice. But you can also put one in any SG quite easily, whether it has a full face pick guard or the half guard. And if you really want to play the 23rd and 24th frets, is an SG the right guitar for you anyhow? There are some great options out there for 24-fret players. An SG is not one of the best bodies for that IMO.
                        Or he could just buy the guitar thats in this thread since it has the minihum already in place.

Also who are you to question how many frets he wants on what guitar? I'm very serious you have this notion that if you want an SG you should not want 24 frets. Is it so sacrilegious in your mind that someone could want a 2 octave SG? Seems to me that someone wants one being they are making more and more models with 24 frets.

Not sure why you were trying to rain on his parade. He found a guitar he digs... Let him. Theres no harm in it.
                        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Hopefully this isn't the limited edition Iommi Gibson had on the list for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AzCat View Post
                            Hopefully this isn't the limited edition Iommi Gibson had on the list for this year.
                            probably this with cross inlays..
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I used to be an angel wing kind of guy but I hve sort of taken a liking to the full pickguard... I like em both...
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X