2008 model Les pauls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 model Les pauls?

Anyone have opinions of the 2008 les pauls? Assymetrical neck, Bursbucker pros, tone pros bridge and tail, neutric jack.. I am really leary of the circuit board they use for the electronics, but I like the grover locking keys, tone pros hardware.

What are your thoughts?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: 2008 model Les pauls?

I actually like the BBPros in a LP.

I don't have one, but do also like the feel of the asymetrical neck.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

i "built" a 2009 faded studio a few months ago. granted, i put seth lovers in it, gotoh bridge/tailpiece, grover deluxe tuners. so i never played it with the BB's and factory hardware. i love how the chambered body sounded, and the neck felt great though.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

other thoughts??
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Circuit board?! Are you sure you're not thinking of the 2010 models?
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what's special about 2008?
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              Nothing.

LP's got a lot of specification changes that year. Some might like it, some may not.

Comment

Did they revert in 2009, or is it a question of 2008 and LATER instruments?

FWIW, I lovelovelovelove my 2011. But BloodRose knows that already.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Nothing.

LP's got a lot of specification changes that year. Some might like it, some may not.
                ---------------------------
                The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
                  Circuit board?! Are you sure you're not thinking of the 2010 models?
                  Did they revert in 2009, or is it a question of 2008 and LATER instruments?

FWIW, I lovelovelovelove my 2011. But BloodRose knows that already.
                  the guitar in question is a 2011 guitar.. They call them 2008 cuz that is when they came out with this model with the Assym neck, neutric jack, tonepros bridge, etc.. They have a Standard traditional and the 2008 standard which has the features I listed. and the circuitboard. There is a standard traditional which has a 50s neck.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

the circuit board is way easy to take out, and it's totally worth it to do so. I mean, 300K pots on a gibson bridge humbucker is one thing. On the neck is another thing. What the hell kind of brighter-than-bright amps are they R&Ding these guitars with at gibson? It it an underbiased AC30 with eminence screamin eagles, where someone has permanently disabled the tone cut control and set the treble on full?

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                      the circuit board is way easy to take out, and it's totally worth it to do so. I mean, 300K pots on a gibson bridge humbucker is one thing. On the neck is another thing. What the hell kind of brighter-than-bright amps are they R&Ding these guitars with at gibson? It it an underbiased AC30 with eminence screamin eagles, where someone has permanently disabled the tone cut control and set the treble on full?

I figure it wont be too hard, just a pain. Especially if the jack is wired to it and all. having to totally rewire a new guitar sux..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                      X