Agile AD-201 - anyone rock one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile AD-201 - anyone rock one?

Been eyeballin' this little guitar. Given my affinity for my al-2000, this would be a nice compliment with the p-90s. So...anyone have one & yer thoughts?

Been checkin' some gibbies, but nothing is really jumping out at me for cost-4-whatchaget factor.

Re: Agile AD-201 - anyone rock one?

Somebody here bought one last year. Maybe try searching for it. I remember them liking it.

hehe lota help I am.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
      Somebody here bought one last year. Maybe try searching for it. I remember them liking it.

hehe lota help I am.
      hehe, well a response is a response (unless your name is jerry).

only thing that I can see being a big issue is a guitar that can't be intonated. not sure how gibson gets around that with their jr. - maybe they use the bridge like that but with the adjustment screws?

Comment

I did, sold it for other cheapo GAS.

Great little guitar, the pickups aren't bad either. I dropped in a Rio Grande P-90 in the bridge and it killed. Only thing I give it as a knock was excessive fretwear, it seemed I was grinding them down a lot in a short period of time. I sold it to a buddy of mine and he digs it.

With the new Jr's being just $699 with some cool colors I'd probably grab one of those and drop a neck pup in if it was going to get a lot of use. I am sure Ayrton could rout that easy enough, if it is just an occassional P-90 knock around guitar you can't really miss with it.

As for intonation I didn't really have an issue but if you are really critical about that you might want to drop on a Badass or something similar.
        Last edited by Wattage; 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
          I did, sold it for other cheapo GAS.

Great little guitar, the pickups aren't bad either. I dropped in a Rio Grande P-90 in the bridge and it killed. Only thing I give it as a knock was excessive fretwear, it seemed I was grinding them down a lot in a short period of time. I sold it to a buddy of mine and he digs it.

With the new Jr's being just $699 with some cool colors I'd probably grab one of those and drop a neck pup in if it was going to get a lot of use. I am sure Ayrton could rout that easy enough, if it is just an occassional P-90 knock around guitar you can't really miss with it.

As for intonation I didn't really have an issue but if you are really critical about that you might want to drop on a Badass or something similar.
          cool insights, thanks!!

Comment

dang a $22 adjustable junior bridge sounds nice to me. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
              . Only thing I give it as a knock was excessive fretwear, it seemed I was grinding them down a lot in a short period of time.
              I've noticed this with epiphone AND agile now... "soft" fretwire. Oh well, I've never bought an an epi or similar guitar thinking "this is gonna be a 10 year keeper!". well, I'm not worrying about it. You buy it, play it, get your money's worth, and move on right?

Comment

No prob, sir.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                  I've noticed this with epiphone AND agile now... "soft" fretwire. Oh well, I've never bought an an epi or similar guitar thinking "this is gonna be a 10 year keeper!". well, I'm not worrying about it. You buy it, play it, get your money's worth, and move on right?
                  I guess I have a soft touch - I've been playing my al-2000 pretty consistently since I got it in 2007-ish and it plays just as good as when I got it set up then as it does now. don't notice any wear. I don't like "grinding" on frets during bends and such though. but it did need a nice set up/fret dress-n-polish once out of the box.

Comment

It's an LP Special, which should be in most player's stash. Great basic no-frills guitar that does a lot of things well. Can't go wrong. I think some Tele owners would be better off with an LP Special.
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

FretFire had one I think
                      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                        FretFire had one I think
                        I bought it
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir