Guitar Patch Cables...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Patch Cables...

I everyone! I'm writing this thread today so we can all share and get to know about the different guitar patch cables in the market today, your experiences with them, etc. I know some people will say a cable is a cable, but there really are different sound reaction depending the one you use between pedals.

I'm actually using Dimarzio Patch Cables. I can rate them as very good sounding cables. Bad thing is they don't make enough contact with the pedals when they start to get some use/abuse and can lower or even cut off your signal ( totally killing it). I still use them since me like many other people, don't know which other way to go (cable related). I have heard about Mogami, Lava, Monster, George L's cables, but even after reading about them, I still know very little about them.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Can you all share your experiences with guitar patch pedals? Which one you consider the best? Which one is a waste of money, sounds like crap, etc?
    Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Re: Guitar Patch Cables...

I like Mogami the best, had George L! yes patch cable make a difference.
    tone slut
    Marshall DSL 40C
    Fender EVH Striped Series
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    Fender Squier Tele Affinity
    Mogami cables

Comment

I'd like to know if Mogami's lowest line (the silvers, I think) are worth it. I've read a lot of good about their other ones.

Comment

i have the golds patch was 25, also use there guitar cables also
        tone slut
        Marshall DSL 40C
        Fender EVH Striped Series
        Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
        Fender Squier Tele Affinity
        Mogami cables

Comment

I use CBI's, cheap, made in the USA, and really tough. I'm not of the belief that patch cables make a difference in my sound since I run a pretty small board.
          Originally posted by ratherdashing
          If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

I run a small board too. I use a chorus, delay, OD, wah & tuner. I use George L cables. I have for years and they work very well. I've used them so long that I really can't say how they change my tone because I honestly don't recall.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I make my own using Mogami wire...
              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

lava solderless for me .. no need to use anything else ... so easy to deal with and sound great - have been bullet proof on stage for me
                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer View Post
                  I use CBI's, cheap, made in the USA, and really tough. I'm not of the belief that patch cables make a difference in my sound since I run a pretty small board.
                  Are those the ones you can get from AMS? I've seen some bad reviews, but know nothing from personal experience. You've had no problems, with them? They are very inexpensive, so I may end up grabbing a few.

Comment

I bought some of the Monster Rock cables and never looked back.

Comment

When I was running a big board I was using George L cables. Now that I am running 3 pedals I bought a few Fulltone Cables.

Comment

Anyone else use Live Wire Advantage cables from Guitar Center? All mine have Neutrik connectors, so I guess that's good. Lifetime warranty, but never needed to use it yet.

How do they compare?
                        Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                        I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

I've had very good results with short cables from Hosa. Good bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                            Anyone else use Live Wire Advantage cables from Guitar Center? All mine have Neutrik connectors, so I guess that's good. Lifetime warranty, but never needed to use it yet.

How do they compare?
                            We have a bunch of Livewire cables, and they've served us well. Not a single problem.

Comment

Looks like George L's are on the favorite patch cables here and on the web!
                              The patch cables ericmeyer 4 recommended, the Fulltone looks like great cables. A little more pricey than other cables, but not so high priced as other cables. ($18-$20 per patch cable)

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                              I've had very good results with short cables from Hosa. Good bang for the buck.
                              Can you talk more about your Hosa Cables experience? My guitar tech recommend me to them, yesterday. He says they're a good bang for your buck as you also say, and I see there are different guitar patch cables models for them. Some very low cost and some that look better.

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                              lava solderless for me .. no need to use anything else ... so easy to deal with and sound great - have been bullet proof on stage for me
                              Are they really, really solderless? I have no experience soldering anything at all!
                              Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                              Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X