N(U)GD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N(U)GD

Been w/o an acoustic for a while now and have been looking for an "inexpensive" one at MGR and local Pawn Shops. Had tried a couple of Takamine G Series (esp. liked the Parlor Sized "New Yorker") but wasn't enthused w/some of the quality issues I was seeing and the build asthetics. Yesterday I ran across a clean 1993 Charvel 750E...looked good, sounded good, Pre-Amp worked great, nice feeling/playing neck...so I walked out with it. Pics below...

* Top: Solid Spruce
    * Body: Figured Maple (Back + Sides)
    * Bodybinding: 3 Ply / Abalone Purling
    * Neck: Mahogany (No Scarf on neck or headstock)
    * Fingerboard: Rosewood
    * Inlays: Abalone Dot
    * Machine Heads: Gold Diecast
    * Finish: Trans Amber
    * Charvel Acoustic Pre-Amp

Designed and manufactured in England, the Charvel Acoustic Preamplifier offers superb dynamic range and tonal flexibility. Each unit features three band equalization and gain control for accurate and complete flexibility in the tailoring of your sound. The battery is easy to change when needed, and will provide many hundreds of hours of playing time before it needs to be changed.

The Charvel Preamplifier will impedance match to whatever type of amplifier or recording input you plug it into, so there is never a need for any additional transformers or other outboard devices.

The Charvel Acoustic Preamplifier features State of the Art design technology:

• Three Band EQ at specially selected turnover points to optimize the performance of piezo transducers
    • Noise reducing level control for ultimate signal to noise ratio
    • Reflex intelligent output impedance matching circuitry. Nominally 100 ohms, changing to suit varying impedances by variable transconductance techniques.
    • Highest tech surfacemount assembly for trouble-free performance, robot assembled and tested, human QA’d and covered by a limited two year warranty.
    • Super low-noise output of better than -80dBu
    • Maximum headroom output of +10dBu.
    • Enough level to drive consoles without D.I. box.
    • A battery life of typically 1000 hours from alkaline battery, more from lithium battery (typically 3000 hours).
    • Self contained battery box, no need for removing strings or extra body cut-outs to change the battery.

OBVIOUSLY CHARVEL WAS REALLY PROUD OF THE PRE-AMP!!!
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Re: N(U)GD

Awesome. I love Jumbos, though I ended up with a baby jumbo because of my T Rex arms.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
      Awesome. I love Jumbos, though I ended up with a baby jumbo because of my T Rex arms.
      Me too...Jumbos and Mini-Jumbos (European Jumbo). Don't usually like Jackson/Charvel but the build quality was very good, it played nice and it was relatively inexpensive to pick up.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

That looks excellent, good call. Enjoy it MnMs!

Comment

Man, that guitar really speaks to me both with the shape and colour stain - beautiful. Hope she plays as nicely.

Comment

HOTT.

Comment

That looks real nice!
              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
              Originally posted by CTN
              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. I've cleaned it up, restrung it and spent a couple hours stretching out the strings (playing it) and retuning it. It sounds good and is fun to play which is what I was after.
                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                1989 Charvel Sambora
                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I just know Charvel ever make acoustic guitars. Lol
                  Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                  Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X