Maybe a stupid question but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a stupid question but....

is there any way to make a neck more comfortable? I have been recently been trying to bring my first real guitar to life (an Ibanez GSA60) and the neck is just not comfortable. It is really flat and thin and hurts my hands after a just a few minutes.

Anything I can do to make it more comfortable? I tried rolling the edges and it helped a little but......

Also, could I get a warmoth neck or something if I really wanted to and send my neck into them to get the screw pattern down or would they not do that, it's a wierd countoured heel type thing.

Maybe I should just pick up some duncan desugned pickups to get it working. It's a decent guit but I don't know how much I'd play it. /maybe I should pick up a better guitar to put this 59/69/69 in.

(Seymour 59B , Fender CS 69 Single Coils)
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Maybe a stupid question but....

Load the back of the neck up with card stock and painters tape to make your own profile. My dad had one of his acoustics like this for years to give it a V shape.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
      Load the back of the neck up with card stock and painters tape to make your own profile. My dad had one of his acoustics like this for years to give it a V shape.
      How would I do that?
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Yeh,............right.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
          is there any way to make a neck more comfortable? It is really flat and thin and hurts my hands after a just a few minutes.It's a decent guit but I don't know how much I'd play it. /maybe I should pick up a better guitar to put this 59/69/69 in.

(Seymour 59B , Fender CS 69 Single Coils)

1) Nope, not if it's too thin

2) Yep, put that '59/CS69 in something great, those are amazing pickups.
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
          X