Evh d-tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evh d-tuna

I put a d-tuna on my guitar with a non floating floyd rose copy. When I go from e to d i end up up going only a little more than a half step down, I followed the instictions fully. Is this a common problem? If so what do I do to fix it?

Re: Evh d-tuna

Have you checked there is enough free play on the fine tuner to allow the Allen bolt jobbie to lift enough for a full tone drop. If this is the problem then you will need to fix the fine tuner travel to its centre by retuning the string at the locking nut and main tuner.
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

Ironically, I had nothing but tuning problems when I tried the EVH D Tuna...
      If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

i've been scared to install one of these on my axes... i just grab another axe and drop it to Drop D if needed myself but it would be a cool toy to be able to do it without switching axes... years ago Eddie used to do it with an extra long fine tuner bold... and just quickly detune right before Unchained...

i'd like to add one to my Wolfgang Mutt... it has a FRO stuck on it and i was thinking of a D-Tuna for it... let me know if you work out the hick ups on yours...

Comment

I have a D-Tuna and have had 0 problems with it. Installed on a EB/MM Axis.

Made sure if you have a licensed Floyd that the D-Tuna will work with it. Also, if your Floyd is setup to float, it won't function properly and will throw the other strings out of tune.

For the OP, did you adjust the D-Tuna with the little screw/allen wrench AFTER you set it up?
          1. Tune low E to D and have the fine tuner on your bridge all the way up or just about with the D-Tuna in the 'out' position.
          2. Lock the string at the nut. Recheck your tuning...
          3. If its fine then pop in the D-Tuna to put the string to E and check your tuning. It'll be off, so use the tiny allen wrench and adjust the little screw on the side of the D-Tuna till you're in tune and you'll be good to go. Thats it.

Comment

Working...
          X