Neil Young's Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young's Guitar

I'm not even sure this question is even deserving of a thread it's so short but whatever. I was wondering if anyone new if Old Black's middle position was hum-cancelling (as it has a firebird mini-hum in the bridge and p90 in the neck). I know the 2 and 4 positions on HSH guitars typically split the HB's for those positions and I thought Neil's might do something similar (IDK though since I'm assuming the mini is 2 wire and I don't think it can be split, I dont know though). Mainly wondering because that new Fender Marauder reminded me of "triple-bucker" pups and I don't know whether or not they're hum-cancelling by themselves. Anyway, just wondering.
    Last edited by TV Robot; 11-10-2011, 09:56 PM.
    My last.fm profile

Re: Neil Young's Guitar

Originally posted by TV Robot View Post
    I'm not even sure this question is even deserving of a thread it's so short but whatever. I was wondering if anyone new if Old Black's middle position was hum-cancelling (as it has a firebird mini-hum in the bridge and p90 in the neck). I know the 2 and 4 positions on HSH guitars typically split the HB's for those positions and I thought Neil's might do something similar (IDK though since I'm assuming the mini is 2 wire and I don't think it can be split, I dont know though). Mainly wondering because that new Fender Marauder reminded me of "triple-bucker" pups and I don't know whether or not they're hum-cancelling by themselves. Anyway, just wondering.
    I sincerely doubt it.
    Here's a website of a guy building a replica of Old Black that talks about the particulars of that guitar and given Neil's penchant for noise I'm thinking "hum canceling" didn't seem to me to be a concern for him.

That mini toggle switch is a phase switch, fwiw.
    Last edited by MojoMonster; 11-11-2011, 07:04 PM.
    MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
    Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Re: Neil Young's Guitar

Alrighty then. Muchas gracias.
      My last.fm profile

Comment

Working...
      X