Played a Gibson Firebird today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a Gibson Firebird today

What a sweet guitar. Everything about that guitar is cool. It sounds incredible, plays better than any Gibson out there. Too much crap on it though. It had a section of wood along the top cut out for an 8 band EQ of some sort, and there was some additional circuitry that I didn't care for. They need to make a cheaper, scaled down version without all the extra crap. I'll be happy with two knobs and a switch. The neck is buttery smooth. It looks amazing in person and is smaller than it seems to be in the pictures.

Re: Played a Gibson Firebird today

I dunno about all those gizmos, but the Firebirds I have played all have 1 switch, and the traditional 4 knob Gibson layout....

- Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I assume you're talking about the Firebird X that has all of the bells and whistles on it. I haven't played one, but I stood right next to one looking at it a couple of months ago. I agree about the size, they're freakin tiny!!

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
        I dunno about all those gizmos, but the Firebirds I have played all have 1 switch, and the traditional 4 knob Gibson layout....

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...rd-V-2010.aspx
        You're right. I meant the Firebird X, but I didn't realize they still make the regular Firebird. The only Gibsons that interest me are Les Pauls so I usually don't pay attention to anything else they make.

Comment

That Firebird X does a bajillion and one things. I think it's neat but can't say I'm after one or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
            That Firebird X does a bajillion and one things. I think it's neat but can't say I'm after one or anything.
            I really would like to have one without all the gadgets built in. Just the pickups, a toggle switch, volume and tone controls would be perfect.

Comment

I think they should have at least made some that were of the reverse firebird body styling. They probably would sell a few more.

Comment

Working...
              X