Earplugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earplugs

Enough is enough guys, i really need to get myself some decent earplugs for christmas.. was at wembley stadium last night and it started to hurt pretty bad..

im in the UK, looking to spend about 50-60 quid.. i'm wondering

a) what should i look for in a good set?
    b) any brands you'd definitley recommend?

im looking for ok-ish clarity as well - i dont wanna have the tempation to take them out to hear more clearly

Re: Earplugs

it may be worth looking for a local hearing centre, then you can get some custom made which fit your ears/attenuate the right frequencies etc.

Comment

Check out Etymotic Reseach.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I never play a gig without them. I just get the generic type any drugstore carries. I stand at the end of the stage so whichever ear faces the drums gets plugged and the other ear is unplugged to hear the room sound and my vocal monitor.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys, etymotic look pretty good, and they have a UK presence..

anyone in the UK found a company/product they're happy with here?

Comment

whats the attenuation like on them? like, could you play with them in?

thanks for the site man, i'll probably end up going for these hehe

Comment

I use Westones with 15dB filters. I don't go to concerts without 'em.

Once I lose my hearing, this gig is over. And then I'll have to learn to say, "Would you like to Supersize that?"
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I've got a custom set by etymotic...perfect fit, and you can hear everything perfectly. You have to get them through a local hearing aid center. costs about $150 USD and worth every penny
                thereveling.com

Comment

IMO, either get a custom set (Etymotic or Westone) or don't bother spending more than about $20 on plugs.

I did the former. Flat attenuation lets you have more attenuation while still being able to hear reasonably well.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                  My Music

Comment

Westone or Musician's custom ear plugs are great.

For $15, the Hearos Hi Fidelity series are EXCELLENT!

HEAROS Xtreme Protection earplugs has been a trusted protector in hearing protection and noise reduction since 1992, with over 400 million ear plugs sold!

Mike K
                    KCA NOS Tubes. Audio tubes for guitar amplifiers and audiophile equipment. Guitar amplifier parts, guitar amplifier tubes and guitar amp tubes 12ax7, 6v6gt, EL84, EL34, 5751, 12AY7, 6L6GC, 5AR4, GZ34, 5U4GB, Mullard Ecc83, RCA 12AX7, GE 12AY7, RCA 6L6GC, JAN Philips 7581A, RCA 6V6GT Blackplates.

Comment

Working...
                    X