Putting a pickguard on my LTD Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Putting a pickguard on my LTD Viper

I was planning on getting chrome hardware regardless. The stock bridge has always been its weakest link, I also wanted some keystone tuners for purely aesthetic reasons. So I figured I'd chrome everything out. Except the Invader, of course.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I voted naked!
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

ermm... I mean I voted to not have a pickguard...thus the GUITAR would be naked... (I'm not naked)
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
          W/b/w + chrome = Angus. Everything else about that guitar screams Iommi. Hence, black or nothing.
          ^ what this guy said

Comment

First off it looks like an SG but definitely not an SG in the first place, so a pickguard concern is not relevant.

And who cares whether white looks out of place or not. Taste is personal. If you like it white, go with it. I personally stick with white because it stands out against the dark red; black will make it gloomier, but maybe that's what you aim for, I don't know.

Don't change the hardware to chrome ones, you'll make it look cheap. And never go for gold in any circumstance cause gold will make you look cheesy

Comment

I voted white, but if you really want black I'll trade one for your white guard.

Comment

You have a black Viper pickguard? Where the hell did you get that from?
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I vote for black, but white is not so bad

Comment

Love the white pick guard

how about a white gibson speed knob? and a couple of chrome PU rings?
                    good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                      You have a black Viper pickguard? Where the hell did you get that from?
                      Eh, I thought you were just using a '61 SG guard, of which I have a black 5 layer one.

Comment

Oh, no I don't think a Gibson would fit, or at least not properly. This is from ESP/LTD parts department or whatever, through guitarpartsdepot. They just only make a white one.

Comment

Ha, I was hoping it would fit, I've been saving it for the Viper that I don't have yet.

Comment

You should take some measurements and email them to [email protected]. His pickguards are also made for a korean guitar that looks nearly identical to the viper. He might sell you one if you can confirm that the measurements are the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X