Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250K or 500K volume pot for a strat?

hi,
    i have an american deluxe stratocaster with h(tb-5)/s(ssl-1)/s(ssl-1) configuration.I had a 500K as a master volume pot which gave me great sounds in high gain situations with the humbucker but not so good in clean mode with the single pickups (too trebbly).Now i changed the volume pot with a 250 k and i really liked the way the singles sound...but i lost the sparkle of the humbucker in a distorted sound.I would like to ask what can i do to compromise that or which hum should i use which won't be affected that much with the change of the volume pto from 500k to 250k.Thanks in advance ANTONIS
    Last edited by ignantios; 11-25-2011, 05:18 AM.

Re: 250K or 500K volume pot for a strat?

If you have a set with three pots, how about going with single tone and separate volume controls, 250k for singles and 500k for the hb?
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

I would go with a 250K for the singles & a 500K for the Humbucker. If it is setup as a normal Strat(3 knobs) you could set the volume in position one as a 250K for the two single, then the middle knob could be the 500K for the humbucker and the last knob could be set as a master tone control. Another alternative is to go with a two knob arrangement & make one 250K for the singles & the second as a 500K for the humbucker. NO TONE KNOB. Some people feel it really doesn't do much. I actually like having a tone control.
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I agree to go with two vol pots (500 and 250) and one tone pot.

I have an Am Std Strat with H/S/S with one vol pot and it sounds fine.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X