silvertone guitar w/ ampcase~>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silvertone guitar w/ ampcase~>

I'm actually pretty impressed with this mid 60's lil guitar.

Has a single lipsticktube style pup .. very danelectro ... short scale .. big ol funky headstock .. reverse tuners ... black with a nice glitter paintjob .. and masonite body w/ (?) neck ... I am shocked at the condition ... the finish is worn off the back of the neck from being played alot .. but otherwise super sweet ...

my first thought was .. nice "toy" .. but the guitar is very playable .. and the size would make a great kids axe ... jangley and warm .. early beatles comes to mind ... not much room up top for solo's .. pretty cramped up there inside the cutaway zone.. I played it through a number of rigs and found a ton of usefull tones .. kinda blown away by it actually... I figured it would sound "polly wolly crappy" .. but it didnt ..

and this dang lil tube amp built into a masonite guitar case w/ basket weave speaker grill is an absolute riot .. this is the lower end model and has only a volume control .. and again this lil bugger sounds great .. and gets fairly loud ... coooool overdrive when a hotter pup is used .. has a 12au6 a 35w4 and a 50c5 in it .. and heh talk about hand wired point-2-point .. I laughed out loud when I took the mounting cover off th service the volume pot .. a minimalistic aproach to say the least ... I was playing some slide through this and it sounded perfect .. nice and gritty ..

everybody who's seen it has had a story about one from way back when .. and one of my costmers was saying something about Jimi playing one .. I dont remember that but I gotta say .. for a lil all-in-one starter guitar from sears and roebuck back in the day .. this thing woulda been ok .. def. getcha going

I wish I could post some pics cuzs it's something to see .. anybody ever have one of these back in the day?
    Last edited by orbiter; 12-07-2004, 11:18 AM.
    "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Re: silvertone guitar w/ ampcase~>

there must've been a billion 'Boomers like me, whose first electric was a Silvertone!

although mine wasn't one of the Dano models, but a black single cut with a Bigsby that *cranked* through my little Silvertone 1 12 amp - did a nasty "All Day and All Of the Night" tone

my best friend had a black Dano type Silvertone .. those sounded consistently good with the lipstick pups
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Something like:

Gear
      [GUITARS]
      06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
      70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

yep~~~> just like ^that^ .. slightly dif. case .. I wish I could see the amp better.. but thats the one .. thanks for the pic east bay!

I was sad to see it leave the shop today ... but stoked at the chance to play it.

Comment

Those are cool.

When I was a kid a friend of mine had one, I was always trying to get it off him but no luck.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

this ones story .. broken waaay down ... amazed me.

If I remember .. it went something like this~>

given to earl as new in 64.
            parents split & guitar ends up w/ pops and earl w/ moms.
            pops passes away and his brother (earls uncle) and family take care of the estate and the guitar gets stored in their home.
            Earls uncle passes and his cousins take care of the estate .. uncover the guitar and return it to earl ... some 40 yrs later ... and in great shape ...

he says he thought it was looong gone, just didnt know what happened to it... & couldnt believe it when he got it back..

Comment

Originally posted by orbiter
              I wish I could see the amp better..

From

Gear
              [GUITARS]
              06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
              70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

Sounds exactly like my first electric guitar, black with silver glitter, got it out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog. The amp in mine even had tremolo.

Comment

thats the deluxe model w/ tremolo and some came w a jensen speaker from what I understand.

does ^that^ say 50 watts??? whoa!?!

this one looked just like ~>

Comment

Working...
                  X