Thanksgiving weekend build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving weekend build...

Since I didn't pick up any new toys this Black Friday or the weekend that followed it, I finally managed to work on a couple of projects I've been meaning to tackle.

I about got this one done.....I had every part on-hand and didn't need to buy anything more, only thing missing was the freetime! The neck is from an 80's Charvel "Model" series I had and destroyed at one point. The Jackson/Floyd is from that same guitar. The body is from a USA So-Cal Style 2 Charvel. I bought it as soon as the parted out guitars started showing up on eBay a few years ago. I instantly fell in love with the Pagen Gold when I saw it!! The bridge pickup is a Duncan Distortion, the neck is a 59'. Both where in my parts drawer waiting on a project. The only parts I need to find (or make) are the backplates for the trem and control cavity, but it's a functioning guitar at this point. I was surprised at how well this thing fit together and how well it set up with little effort!

Shread-stix really ain't my thing, but I always thought the Tele shaped Charvel Mic Mars played in the late 80's was pretty darn cool!!!!

Whatcha Think?

Last edited by metlking; 11-27-2011, 09:07 PM.
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Re: Thanksgiving weekend build...

OK, that is Cool!!!
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Anybody recognize that speedknob? I've had it in my drawer for years! I think it might be an old Peavey knob or something......It's got dimples all the way around it.
      "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
        OK, that is Cool!!!
        Thanks!

I've got an HH American Strat I'm working on too.....It's assembled but not wired yet...........
        Last edited by metlking; 11-27-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metlking View Post
          Anybody recognize that speedknob? I've had it in my drawer for years! I think it might be an old Peavey knob or something......It's got dimples all the way around it.
          Isn't that a Dimebag speedknob?

Comment

F'n HOT ****!!!

seriously, I would pay to fornicate with that guitar.

Comment

Cool. I've liked those Pagan Gold tele bodies since I first saw them.

Comment

DUDE!!!!

I ****ing love that!

Comment

This is my kind of Tele! I saw one almost Identical to it on here, except the body was natural. Instant love! There is something about the formula put into this kind of tele that just makes me drool.
                  My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                  Originally posted by CTN
                  I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I wish Charvel would start using the pointy headstock again. I also wish that they would make 24 fret superstrats again.
                    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                    Vox NightTrain 50.
                    My Band

Comment

I have a purple Style 2 with the stock maple neck, yours looks soo much better with the rosewood/pointy combo

Comment

Class this one has.

Comment

Badass! I'd love to just find all those parts sitting around one day... Happy new parts guitar day!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                            Isn't that a Dimebag speedknob?
                            I had to check Google on that one. Seems very similar, tho I've had this for 20 years I bet......

Comment

I had an actual Charvel pointy headstock tele once, I miss that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X