T.C. Electronics G Major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.C. Electronics G Major

i am pretty stuck on getting a g major but the big drawback right now is the midi footswitch you can get for it(the g minor). It only has 3 buttons on it so you would have to scroll through settings instead of just being able to click on what button you set on a real board. it also doesn't have an expression pedal on it which the g major says you can use to work with differen't settings.

it says you can use other midi pedalboards with the g major but i can't seem to find any. Even if i did how would i know if it will really work since i can't try it?

I hate snags in the plan
    boreddddddddddd

Re: T.C. Electronics G Major

You need a MIDI controller set to program change.
    PM Mincer ... he's the MIDI master!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I agree, that little footswitch is a joke. Don't worry, any midi pedal will work.
      The Rolls Midi Buddy is pretty cheap and is actually pretty durable. Even Behringer makes a pretty cool looking one with an expression pedal on it. MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) is a universal thing, so they're all basically compatible.
      The only thing I've noticed is that some start with 0, and some start with 1, so you may have to do some reading to get them mapped together properly. The TC is a great unit though.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I agree with GJ.

The Behringer is a good buy. The FCB1010 its called.
        It has 10 switches, 2 bank switches and 2 expression pedals.
        It can do Program Changes and continuous changes, and control changes.

Comment

i actually saw that pedal but it seemed to have it's own effects in it? maybe that was just me looking to fast at it. If that's just a controller and doesn't have any effects i will snag one of those. On a uk site that was similar to musiciansfriend and sweetwaters web page setups it said people that have bought this product (g major) also bought this (FCB1010) that's where i saw it but was like hmmm that doesn't make any sence why would somebody buy 2 effects processors that do similar things.
          boreddddddddddd

Comment

i did see The Rolls Midi Buddy but since it was lacking an expression pedal.

i'm not even sure if i will use the expression pedal but if i have the option i might as well have the pedal in there and use it to its fullest instead of being like bah i shoulda spend the extra papers.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
              i actually saw that pedal but it seemed to have it's own effects in it? maybe that was just me looking to fast at it. If that's just a controller and doesn't have any effects i will snag one of those. On a uk site that was similar to musiciansfriend and sweetwaters web page setups it said people that have bought this product (g major) also bought this (FCB1010) that's where i saw it but was like hmmm that doesn't make any sence why would somebody buy 2 effects processors that do similar things.
              just you looking at it too fast

Comment

I have 2 g majors. I will be selling one that is on its way from TC as I type this. It had a new mother board/ribbon/ power supply and dsp chip installed. The g major is a tricky little device. If you find a great one you are lucky. I had to buy a new one when I sent the one to California to have the bugs fixed. I will be selling the refurbished 2004 model next week.

That beiong said. I do love the Gmajor for everything except its reliability. I use a Ground control midi pedal with its sister GCX audio switcher and a Line 6 filter modulator. Everything on my pedalboard is midi or continuous controller or latching/momentary type switches/ pedals etc. I have absoulutely no audio going to the pedalboard. For this type of setup I highly recommend the Ground control/ Gcx and volume pedals. Dont let the Gminor fool you. I actually only use this unit for the tuner and the ground control for midi. I plug 2 volume pedals to the ground control to control cc messages on the Gmajor and other fx units. If you can find a bug free Gmajor I say go for it.
                My bands links:

PEDL
                www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

i use a now discontinued ART X15 unit
                  its got 10 buttons and 2 built in expression pedals
                  u can use all 10 buttons as either program changes or parameter changes - very versitile unit. if u have the money, get the ground control pro, but if u want bang for yer buck - get an x15 off ebay

also

the prob with the fcb1010 unit is that its software only allows for 2 parameter change buttons - all the rest MUST be program changes - that really does limit your stomp box like usage. i heard on the grape vine that they were trying to change this - but dont think it has come into fruition.

Ishan
                  Guitars:
                  Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
                  Amps:
                  Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

thanks for the updates guys. i will check out both the ground control pro and the x15
                    boreddddddddddd

Comment

ground control while nice seems a lil more then i wanna spend. the only compliant i have with the x-15 atm is that it has way to much pink... ukkkky
                      boreddddddddddd

Comment

also is the problem you are talking about with the FCB1010 that you can't change effects chains and such with a click of any of the buttons besides two? or you just can't change the effects individual characteristics after you save them? I'm not quite following the problem with it.
                        boreddddddddddd

Comment

I know a guy with a ground control pro for sale I will see how much he wants. Its like new.
                          My bands links:

PEDL
                          www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                          www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                          www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
                          X