Questions for Stratdeluxer97 about wahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Stratdeluxer97 about wahs

I've got a Vox V847 completely stock, without true bypass or anything and I play through a 5150. I've noticed that the wah is a lot less vocal when using high gain settings (which is pretty much all I use). is this a normal occurance? and is there a new pot or inductor I can get that would make my wah more vocal? My JB sings through this amp, but when I have the wah plugged in, it seems to take something away. I've always wondered if there were certain pots that were good for high gain, and others were better for clean tone? should I just go out and buy a Fulltone Clyde wah pot? and a dpdt switch while i'm at it? or is it the inductor that makes the vocal sound?

in retrospect, thats a lot of questions, if you could just send me to a website,
    it would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Allen

Re: Questions for Stratdeluxer97 about wahs

interesting...

*cue children of bodom*
    "Warheart!"

Comment

Re: Questions for Stratdeluxer97 about wahs

Originally posted by Warheart
      I've got a Vox V847 completely stock, without true bypass or anything and I play through a 5150. I've noticed that the wah is a lot less vocal when using high gain settings (which is pretty much all I use). is this a normal occurance? and is there a new pot or inductor I can get that would make my wah more vocal? My JB sings through this amp, but when I have the wah plugged in, it seems to take something away. I've always wondered if there were certain pots that were good for high gain, and others were better for clean tone? should I just go out and buy a Fulltone Clyde wah pot? and a dpdt switch while i'm at it? or is it the inductor that makes the vocal sound?

in retrospect, thats a lot of questions, if you could just send me to a website,
      it would be appreciated,
      Thanks
      Allen
      Hello Allen...The stock Vox 847 lacks the right pot and inductor and just doesn't have the vocal range of one of my modded wahs,the Teese,or Fulltone....Personally I like my wah mods more and I've been adding upgrades like an external Q Pot and a volume/Gain pot that you won't get on the more expensive Fulltone and Teese wahs...

You can buy a Fulltone inductor and pot as a start,but your wah would still lack the upgraded components,board tweaks,true bypass,and power supply that my mods offer...The parts are expensive to buy for you wah,but my mods are dirt cheap...Let me know if I can help you...Meantime do a search under Lew and Sweet Lou and see what they say about their 847s? Lew prefers his 847 now over his Fulltone...I'm currently working on a second wah for Lew that'll give him even more versatility than his first one...I had a Teese Picture wah that I spent $245 on and I returned it because my wahs sounded better...Honest to God!

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X