Carvin has 'em with two way trusses
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: I had a vision...

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
      Anyone ever try one of these necks with a Warmoth body???
      You wouldn't be able to use them with a standard Warmoth body. Warmoth sells premade bolt on bodies. For it to work you would have to cut the middle out of the body. If you do that you would loose the bridge and pickup routes. If you were going to do that it would be easier and cheaper to get an uncut body blank and cut the body wings out yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
        Stewmac sells a through-body neck blank. That might be a place to start if you are interested in building something similar.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_...xst=3&xsr=1184
        I was planning to use soul-mate: http://www.soulmateguitars.com/Necks.htm

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
        If you were going to do that it would be easier and cheaper to get an uncut body blank and cut the body wings out yourself.
        This is the plan.
        My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
        The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
        Originally posted by CTN
        I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
        FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
          If your dad has the tools, there's no reason not to start building today.

If there's anything I can do to help get you started, please let me know. I was in your spot last year - wanted to build a guitar at home and didn't know where to start / felt daunted.

You really just have to put one foot in front of the other. Start with obvious things: buy wood. Cut the wood to the approximate shape of a guitar. Get that snowball rolling.

I have a blog about starting with nothing and building a guitar as a first timer - click here and start at the beginning.
          Yes, start at the beginning, get about halfway through it, and then just kind of quit.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
            Yes, start at the beginning, get about halfway through it, and then just kind of quit.
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
            X